Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
ANOTHER GREAT FIND AND A QUESTION >

ANOTHER GREAT FIND AND A QUESTION

ANOTHER GREAT FIND AND A QUESTION

Old 01-14-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by PegD
On the bottom of the page it says "Ribbons". But I guess that is the name of the quilt.
I don't know if this will help much, but I copied the picture and pulled one block from it. Then I enlarged it and drew lines where I think the seams are. I think it could be used for paper piecing. Because the pic is dark, I did the whole process again but with a thicker, light yellow line. You should be able to open it and enlarge it to the size you want and print copies.

Oops, I just realized that I didn't number the blocks. I'll drop this in and go back to add numbers. Back in a sec.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160490.jpe  
Old 01-14-2011, 08:28 PM

Okay, here it is again. This time there are numbers. Because you'd have to sew the pieces together in sections, I redid the lines in green to show which pieces go in a particular section. The numbers are so that you know the order for putting the sections together. Naturally, you can see that four pieces complete the block.

I'm pretty sure that I missed something or got something wrong. I didn't sew up a test block. So, if you get brave and decide to sew one up, let us know how it comes together....and tell us where the problems/mistakes are.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160499.jpe  
Old 01-16-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
Okay, here it is again. This time there are numbers. Because you'd have to sew the pieces together in sections, I redid the lines in green to show which pieces go in a particular section. The numbers are so that you know the order for putting the sections together. Naturally, you can see that four pieces complete the block.

I'm pretty sure that I missed something or got something wrong. I didn't sew up a test block. So, if you get brave and decide to sew one up, let us know how it comes together....and tell us where the problems/mistakes are.
Thank you so much. You did a wonderful job of dissecting the block. I am going to begin drafting the block using yours for an example. It is a wonderful block and I am excited to see what I can do with it. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to help me. Thank you again. I will let you know how I do.

Blessings, Char
Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 AM

Let us no the name of it please.
I like that block.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 AM

I have the same book. That patten "Ribbons From Julie's Pinks" is not in the book, just the picture. In the back of the book, apge 203, a quilt shop submitted the entry, they could probably help you out. Or maybe Better Homes could help you.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:18 AM
4L

The fabric suggests to me the Easy Striped table runner done with the 60 degree angle ruler.. I just bought the pattern and ruler last week..haven't made one yet but dug through my stash to find numerous striped fabric "candidates" for it...It has been shown here numerous times by various members...
Old 01-19-2011, 11:37 AM

I have that same book and want to make that same block, but haven't been able to find instructions. I can draw it out on graph paper but have trouble cutting it right. So I gave up on it for now.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com

Here is what I came up with. Please excuse the messy attempt, but I think I have it figured out. I will make the templates next and sew up a block.

the design I want to make
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163910[/ATTACH]

my draft of the block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163911[/ATTACH]

I drafted a 12 1/2 inch block. These are the measurements I came up with for this size block; these measurements do not include the 1/4 in seam allowance.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163917[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163905.jpe   attachment-163906.jpe   attachment-163912.jpe