Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Another Scrap Quilt >

Another Scrap Quilt

Another Scrap Quilt

Old 09-07-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
Did you use black in both quilts? I wondered what it would look like in lighter, brighter colors. Would love to see a picture of your quilts. Always fun to see how fabric can make the same pattern look different.
Debbie, I did use black in both quilts. I have posted a picture on the quilt board of the first one, some time ago. I just found it under "My latest finish.......Twigs and berries, I think" I couldn't remember the name of the quilt until someone reminded me that it was Twigs and sprigs. I don't know how to move that picture to your thread that you've started. Since I didn't want this quilt to be square, I did the appliques on the top and bottom and made a more narrow side border without the applique. I haven't quilted my second one, which has the exact same fabrics, but I did put the applique borders all the way around....just made the quilt one row of blocks longer. I'll post a picture of my second one when I get it quilted or sooner, if needs be. I don't think (in my mind's eye) that it would be a pretty in anything but black. Maybe not....just trying to visualize.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:04 PM

That is really a beautiful quilt. Good job with those scraps.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by misoop View Post
Debbie, I did use black in both quilts. I have posted a picture on the quilt board of the first one, some time ago. I just found it under "My latest finish.......Twigs and berries, I think" I couldn't remember the name of the quilt until someone reminded me that it was Twigs and sprigs. I don't know how to move that picture to your thread that you've started. Since I didn't want this quilt to be square, I did the appliques on the top and bottom and made a more narrow side border without the applique. I haven't quilted my second one, which has the exact same fabrics, but I did put the applique borders all the way around....just made the quilt one row of blocks longer. I'll post a picture of my second one when I get it quilted or sooner, if needs be. I don't think (in my mind's eye) that it would be a pretty in anything but black. Maybe not....just trying to visualize.
Just checked out your quilt....very pretty! I'll be looking for your posting of the other one when you get it quilted, so don't forget.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:58 PM

Love your scrap quilt! Beautiful!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty....an elegant scrappy!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:11 PM

this is GREAT! i love LOVE the 9 patch in the center! you are a genius and i want this quilt!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:25 PM

Another gorgeous scrappy.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Power Poster

Lovely scrappy!!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Power Poster

Debbie that is a wonderful pattern and I love the warm colors. Very nice!

Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
Love using up some scraps to make a quilt. This is the Sprigs & Twigs pattern in the March/April 2013 issue of Love of Quilting. It measures 60" x 60".
Old 09-08-2014, 04:03 AM

You gave this quilt a wonderful cohesion by using the same nine-patch in the center, that allows all the variation to be non-invasive, if that makes sense. It does to me. I love this quilt.