Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: another work in progress (UPDATE) at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    I like "Wonder Under" and you get it by the yard. Hobby Lobby does have it (well ours does anyway!) A lot of people like "Steam-a Seam" so its is a personal preferance.
    My favorite is Heat N Bond Lite (you HAVE to use the lite!!!). I like it better because I think that it is easier to stitch through on the sewing machine and it never gunks up your needle. I buy it in packages at WalMart. It is about $5 for a package and it lasts a LONG time!!

A tip for those learning fusible applique. When appliqueing large pieces, cut out the center of the fusible before ironing it on the fabric. The only purpose of the fusible is to hold your fabrics together until you sew them. The added fusible in the center is not needed. By eliminating it your work stays "softer" and not as bulky if you are layering mulitple fabrics.

I think I tried Heat N Bond once, but it was the heavy duty or something like that, BIG mistake!!!!! :D
    There are so many brands out there that I have not tried yet so I cant say what is the best! Wonder Under is the best I have used, so I just stay with it. I know I should try some of the others but....

I tried one I got at wal mart,can't remember the name of it but it was in a red package,I should have none better. It said right on the package best no sew. It stuck to the needle so bad. I had never h ad that happen before so at first I couldn't figure out wat was wrong. My thread kept breaking,then I notice a big ball on my needle..So much for saving money..I think that is why I got it. It was cheeper.

Blog Entries
    all are very nice

QM
    Hurray for you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3