Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
any pattern suggestions for this material??? >

any pattern suggestions for this material???

any pattern suggestions for this material???

Old 03-02-2011, 03:23 PM

There is a quilt pattern called "BQ"..Big Quilt. I actually have material that is a bigger print and will be using this pattern for it.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Leah Stewart
I don't think I have enough material for take five. I have seven yards of the 70s looking one, 1.5 of the gray and 1 of the purple stones. I don't think I have anything else that would go with it, I have a very small stash, LOL. Thanks for all the help!
beautiful fabric ! I think it needs some deep, rich colors---like a dark blue or teal (whatever that deep swirl is)
dark purple to make the design pop. the light colors will kind of moosh it. have fun.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:48 PM

There is a pattern called The Big Easy by Bloom Creek that really shows off some large focus fabrics. Might try that one. It goes together really well and quickly, too.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:52 PM

How big of a quilt do you want to make? It only takes 3 fabrics to do the disappearing 9 patch. I say go for that one. It's a neat design and fast to do.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by damaquilts
oh wow! I have a small piece of that fabric and treasure it. I don't remember where I got it but I just love it. I used a little on the back of a small quilt(made it back around 85) and just can't cut into the rest. lol How nice that you picked it up at a flea market.It is a vintage material btw. Not new . even though the colors are right up there with the ones floating around today. Enjoy!!
Omg... I had no idea. I am ashamed for cutting half a yard off.. It is awesome that it is vintage, thank you for telling me I would have never known.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
How big of a quilt do you want to make? It only takes 3 fabrics to do the disappearing 9 patch. I say go for that one. It's a neat design and fast to do.
A large full or small queen, she is going to college and has not decided on dorms or apartment, which affects the size! But I am shooting for the largest possible with the amount of fabric I already have! LOL
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 PM

I think a snowball block would really work with this fabric. It would be a shame to chop this up in small pieces.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 PM

I think a snowball block would really work with this fabric. It would be a shame to chop this up in small pieces.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:33 PM

I agree with the other lady. D9patch sprang into my mind too. The delightful fabric you found would be the focus fabric and the others to compliment it. You were led to that material. Yes, meant to be.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM

opps forgot the pics. I can send you my pattern if you like it. finished size was about 46 x 48. none of the fabric had to be pieced with doing the sides first then the top and bottom.