Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Applique in the Hoop for embroidery Machines

This is what I did today. I got the new Rose of Sharon Applique CD and I thought it would be quick and easy....WRONG. It takes a loooong time to cut out all these tiny pieces with steam a seam, place them, change thread color like 26 times and some talent to get it all right. I learned a lot and the next one will be perfect. I used up scraps so no worries. I think I'll love making a quilt using the Rose of Sharon designs by OESD.

This whole thing was done in the hoop using rayon thread. But the real work was cutting out everything. This is a huge block probably at least 8"- 9" wide.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Beautiful!

That is lovely

Blog Entries
    Very Nice. I find OESD designs a lot more complicated than some of the others. My embroidery machines are Vikings so I use a lot of their designs, also like Amazing Designs. I love to do in-the-hoop sewing and quilting.

It's beautiful! All of the hard work does show! :lol:

It sure is pretty. I'm not sure I have the patience to do that though. I can't wait to see your quilt. :-D

I think it was probably worth the effort. It turned out great.

It's beautiful! And maybe the saving grace is, it is a big block so you won't need a kazillion of them.

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Very Nice. I find OESD designs a lot more complicated than some of the others. My embroidery machines are Vikings so I use a lot of their designs, also like Amazing Designs. I love to do in-the-hoop sewing and quilting.
    One thing I was highly disappointed in was the total lack of directions that came with this CD. This was a test block so I was expecting a learning curve, but really had there been instructions I wouldn't have had to experiment! I lost one test block- a good size chunk of fabric and stabilizer trying to figure out the correct way to do the techinque. Really, how hard would it have been to stick in some directions?? I have an applique in the hoop, Janome 9000 card, and even it came with directions. Grrr.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    One thing I was highly disappointed in was the total lack of directions that came with this CD. This was a test block so I was expecting a learning curve, but really had there been instructions I wouldn't have had to experiment! I lost one test block- a good size chunk of fabric and stabilizer trying to figure out the correct way to do the techinque. Really, how hard would it have been to stick in some directions?? I have an applique in the hoop, Janome 9000 card, and even it came with directions. Grrr.
    Weren't there directions on the disk to download? I haven't gotten OESD in a long time, but with Amazing Designs and the Viking ones there is usually a file to print out the directions. Hmmmm.

It is very pretty!

Weren't there directions on the disk to download? I haven't gotten OESD in a long time, but with Amazing Designs and the Viking ones there is usually a file to print out the directions. Hmmmm.

O.K. I feel very stuuuuupid. I spent all day hassling with this because I'm a nitwit! I bought it as a USB and of course when I bring it up on my machine there's no folder for directions evident. But, when I put the USB drive on my computer, guess what pops up? Directions that would have saved me hours of headaches.

Thanks grann for mentioning this. This is my first OESD design CD so had no idea. Duh....

It looks amazing!

Blog Entries

O.K. I feel very stuuuuupid. I spent all day hassling with this because I'm a nitwit! I bought it as a USB and of course when I bring it up on my machine there's no folder for directions evident. But, when I put the USB drive on my computer, guess what pops up? Directions that would have saved me hours of headaches.

Thanks grann for mentioning this. This is my first OESD design CD so had no idea. Duh....
    You know what? When I graduated from floppys to CD's I had the same thing happen. I had forgotten till you mention it. I was sitting there on the computer grumbling about how to do this thing when I saw PDF; wondered what that was, and lo and behold there were my directions. So now that is the first thing I do when getting a new design is to print out the PDF.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I love it, I was looking for something like this to cross stitch to make sofa pillows. I never did find anything even close. Yours is beautiful.

Beautiful work and the design is just gorgeous.

Well, Grann, I'm glad I'm not alone. LOL!

Just beautiful.

Gorgeous!!! :thumbup:

Really pretty!

I love it! Wish the design package wasn't so expensive :(

You may find your dealer having a sale soon. My dealer has a Black Fri. sale where all designs and packs are 20% off. I should have waited:<

Came out perfect!

Blog Entries
    really lovely!!