Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Army quilt - January UFO >

Army quilt - January UFO

Army quilt - January UFO

Old 04-26-2010, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by GoneQuilting
I have 3 kids and they all went into the military. My daughter was in the navy and did 2 tours in the Medirtrainian waters, My son was in the Army Special Forces as a Airborn Ranger, and my youngest son is currently in the Air Force as a Air Traffic Controller. My brother was also in the Army as a blackhawk pilot and he still is but now as a Army Chaplin. Love to see anything Military!! Great Job. PM'ed you.
god bless you and your family,,,,,,you are in our prayers
Old 04-26-2010, 01:00 PM

Love your quilt! I appreciate anyone in the military, and their families. They make a lot of sacrifices. My daughter's boyfriend is in training at Fort Benning now and will probably deploy before the end of the year.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by macgma2001
Originally Posted by GoneQuilting
I have 3 kids and they all went into the military. My daughter was in the navy and did 2 tours in the Medirtrainian waters, My son was in the Army Special Forces as a Airborn Ranger, and my youngest son is currently in the Air Force as a Air Traffic Controller. My brother was also in the Army as a blackhawk pilot and he still is but now as a Army Chaplin. Love to see anything Military!! Great Job. PM'ed you.
god bless you and your family,,,,,,you are in our prayers
Thank You......... My daughter now lives in Fl with a daughter of her own, her daughter Elizabeth is my Avatar. My oldeset son, served in Iraq for 2 years as a Army Special Forces Airborn Ranger, is now living in Ia and going to college to be a premature baby nurse. My youngest son is currently stationed in Ft Sill, Lawton OK as a Air Traffic controller, and my brother is still in the Army as a Chaplin after serving in Iraq for a year as a Blackhawk Pilot. I'm proud of all of them! My oldest son (my Airborne Ranger) is dealing with a collapsed left lung since March 25, He is supposed to have lung surgery in 2 weeks. Yes it been collaspsed all this time! He hurting, but ok. I am planning to make him one like this. Just gotta get the fabric! Your prayers mean alot! Thanks again, and thanks to all who serve, and their families!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:04 PM

again, god bless you and yours.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

What a great quilt. You did a great job.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:56 AM

Omak had asked for a close up of the word fabric (top and bottom strips), so please see attached. This picture is from the first quilt I made, where I used an inner strip of eagle fabric rather than stars (though still had the outer strip of stars)... just if you're wondering where the eagles came from
Attached Thumbnails attachment-35624.jpe  
Old 05-02-2010, 02:43 PM

Thank you! Now, I know I never saw anything like it, and it is really neat fabric. I'm glad you found it and knew what to do with it!
I think you created a masterpiece of a quilt and I am enjoying looking at it and planning to make one like it (at least one, if not more <g>) <wave>
Old 05-02-2010, 02:56 PM

I am retired from the Army and would love a quilt like this one. Thank you for your support of the service member. God Bless You. Glenn (an old soldier)
Old 05-02-2010, 03:08 PM

Really cool quilt!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditter
Old 05-04-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
I am retired from the Army and would love a quilt like this one. Thank you for your support of the service member. God Bless You. Glenn (an old soldier)
Thank you for your service to our nation, Sir Glenn <wave>.