Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Asian Fabrics &Update Page 6 Start of the Japanese fans >

Asian Fabrics &Update Page 6 Start of the Japanese fans

Asian Fabrics &Update Page 6 Start of the Japanese fans

Old 06-04-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by wraez
Elle, did you mention somewhere in the posts whose pattern this is? I tried googling asian fan quilt pattern but not finding anything that looks like yours.

thanks

sue
Sue its a Judy neimeyer design called Japanese Fans and she has it on her site Quiltworks.com (sorry not sure if I spelled that correctly) Think it could be Quiltworx.com) If you canīt find it come back to me okay

Elle
Old 06-04-2009, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
Your fabric choices are beautiful! I just finished her "Raindrops" pattern and have this one on my agenda. I prefer paper piecing, tiny tip points turn out perfect. But did I understand you correctly that you are hand piecing this paper pieced pattern? If you do this on you machine you will go like gangbusters! Please keep us all updated. I can't wait to see your progression and other fabrics!
By the way the Raindrops Pattern is gorgeous, have you got any pics to show us we love pics.

Elle
Old 06-04-2009, 03:32 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I started this two nights ago. the pattern seemed complicated to start with and took me an hour to figure out how to place the pieces, however when once I had done 1 the other went together easily. these are two random colours and I need 4 fans to make a complete block with the outer edging, I am fairly happy with the way the turned out, I hand sewed them until I get the gist of them I intend to do a few more that way,

Two down and 28 more to go. I am also showing you the pattern to give you an idea of how they all go together.
Elle:
I missed this thread. The quilt is really coming out beautiful. I see you are putting some of the fabrics the Fabric Angel sent you and they look lovely. Quite a daunting quilt, looks hard to do. :shock:
What I want to know is where are you finding the time... Between painting the house, moving furniture in the gym, putting crystals on your wedding dress..... I don't know girl, don't do too much or you will be too tired for your wedding.
I love this quilt!! Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming :thumbup: :D
Old 06-04-2009, 03:32 PM

I should have known.....when I saw your fans they reminded me of her New York Beauty PP.

Thanks for letting me know, and her website is quiltworx.com Now I hope I spelled it right, it is phonetically spelled.

wqh, sue
Old 06-07-2009, 09:40 AM

Hi, this looks fantastic! Is this pattern in a book available in Europe? How did you find it? I would like to buy it if its available! I just love what youve done so far!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Teacher
Hi, this looks fantastic! Is this pattern in a book available in Europe? How did you find it? I would like to buy it if its available! I just love what youve done so far!
first of all thanks. The pattern is available from Quiltworx.com. Quite expensive as you get all the papers for Paper Piecing, think I paid about 19$. its a Judy Neimeyer pattern called Japanese Fans. Donīt be put off when you get it, it looks complicated, just put your pattern and templates in separate bags as directed. I cut just one fan out and the spikes for the fan and hand sewed it to get the gist of how to when I started. She actually tells you to cut all your fabrics first I just wasnīt brave enough.

I am getting braver though last time I cut out 4 fans, just not got round to putting them together yet.

Good luck, lets see what you do Elle

Good luck
Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 AM

Thanks for such a speedy reply. Ive had a look at the site and I think that I will order it when Im in the US and then bring it back to theUK when we come back. There are one or two others that I like too. So many quilts, so little time! I need to retire! :)
Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by Teacher
Thanks for such a speedy reply. Ive had a look at the site and I think that I will order it when Im in the US and then bring it back to theUK when we come back. There are one or two others that I like too. So many quilts, so little time! I need to retire! :)
Teacher:
Hey I am retired and still do not have enough time. Probably because my DH and I are retired together. He could take up most of my day if I let him; LOL. :-)
Old 06-07-2009, 11:09 PM

That is going to be beautiful!! WOW!! Can't wait to see it finished!!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:48 AM

Here is an update on this quilt. As you can see I have done a lot and I am pleased with it. Now doing the border, which has 32 blocks, so far have done the most complex which were the corner units.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-84479.jpe   attachment-84480.jpe