Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Autism Awareness Tote Purses >

Autism Awareness Tote Purses

Autism Awareness Tote Purses

Old 05-24-2011, 03:12 PM

Love the bag! I work with children austim. Going to look for puzzel fabric to do a comfort quilt with.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ClydeneC
I to am a grandmother of Autistic child, but he is high funtioning, he has Aspergers. Could you please tell me where you got the pattern, I would love to make one for my daughter and me. Thanks for your inspiritional purse.
This is the Bow Tuck Tote. You can order the pattern online. I got mine from Amazon.com.

I just have to say...I'm amazed out how supportive and involved our forum is with children on the spectrum. What a great place to come with questions or concerns!! I think I might start making a list of which members have children/grandchildren/family friends, etc on the spectrum.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:20 PM

I just ordered one! My precious granddaughter is 8 years old and has never spoken. Her mother will use it proudly!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:27 PM

Wonderful!!! Thanks for bringing autism awareness to these boards by sharing your purses.

Kat
Old 05-24-2011, 06:51 PM

I love the purse. I don't mean to sell myself short but I don't think I could make a purse. I do OK with the quilts but a purse scares me. Our grandson has aspergers. He is 14 and has been in a small school but it only goes to 8th grade. There were only 14 in his class and when he goes to high school there well be over 200 The small school was very aware of who he is. He is very high functioning. Can you tell us how much they sell for even if you don't want to sell to the board folks??
Old 05-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful. My nephew also has autism.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:49 PM

These are wonderful. I've worked in Special Ed. for 9 years in our school district in a classroom that has children with different levels of the spectrum of autism and 20 years with DD children. I love my work and the children. Where can I get the embroidery for the pocket. This would be great on a purse or added to a tote. Do you sell them? I don't have an embroidery machine so would need it completed. Thanks for all you do to make the public aware.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Originally Posted by ClydeneC
I to am a grandmother of Autistic child, but he is high funtioning, he has Aspergers. Could you please tell me where you got the pattern, I would love to make one for my daughter and me. Thanks for your inspiritional purse.
This is the Bow Tuck Tote. You can order the pattern online. I got mine from Amazon.com.

I just have to say...I'm amazed out how supportive and involved our forum is with children on the spectrum. What a great place to come with questions or concerns!! I think I might start making a list of which members have children/grandchildren/family friends, etc on the spectrum.
Please put me on your list!! My grandson Matt is 22. He is Autistic and not high functioning but very loving and sweet. Here he is giving me the I love you Hand shape for making his quilt! I have made a few totes for his family out of the puzzle fabric, but I love the embellishment on the front of it. I'll have to steal that idea. My daughter and 2 kids with friends walked Autsim Now Walk in Atlanta last Sunday. She raised $750 and Matt loved the walk!

Matt under his quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]202124[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-202118.jpe  
Old 05-24-2011, 11:48 PM

What a great way to increase autism awareness. Beautiful work.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:09 AM

I may just drop by and buy one of your purses next payday. I love the pattern and have never got around to making the one I bought. I have worked in some form of special Ed all of my life .... 40 years in Oct Of 2012. That makes me old.