Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Baby Quilt- Batting? >

Baby Quilt- Batting?

Baby Quilt- Batting?

Old 06-11-2013, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by rosalynd View Post
SheriR is there any particular reason why it's hard to make a quilt without batting? I have enough of the white to do another layer, would that work?
Rosalyn, Suzette is right, my difficulty is purely mental. I think I've come along though. I made a no-bat baby quilt this spring for a new mom here in Texas.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:56 AM

I quilt both ways with and without batting cause I do live in Texas. Flannel works very well or even just sandwich both fabrics and bind. To keep from showing threw add a solid white and you have it. Good Luck to you
Old 06-16-2013, 05:19 PM

Great answers.....I am making a baby quilt for a friend of a friend who is expecting in late Sept or October here in North Central Texas. I was wondering if I should you a batting or just back with flannel so it will be cuddly soft. I think I will go with a very thin batting and definitely use flannel on the back. Thanks for the information...you ladies and gents rock!! BTW I love the colors and pattern of the baby quilt used in this post. Mine is just small 3" blocks for part of the top and will use the backing color on the sides to set off the colors as the backing will be a solid color as my friend wants.