Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Baby quilt pics I never put up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie
    It sure is a beautiful quilt. That baby is pretty lucky to have recieved it, even though the mom hasn't learned any manners.
    I am appalled that she did not respond...I'm not sure manners are even taught anymore. Your quilt is lovely.

The same thing happened to me when I sent my neice a quilt. I finally had to call her to see if she got it. She had but never thought to call to tell me or to say a simple thank-you. It makes you feel awful so I feel for you. Your quilts are beautiful and don't let her get you down. Keep up the good work.

its sew sad to hear a simple thing as thank you has gone to the wind sew sad yur quilt is lovely and think of the joy it brought you to make it.bless you....

It is darling and I know the baby will love it and don't understand why she didn't jump with joy thanking you!

Just goes to show ya'. Please yourself and don't worry about what others think. Keep quilting.

Blog Entries
    Iím sorry this happened and donít understand it :cry: You made a BEAUTIFUL quilt!! Please donít let this bad experience stop you from making beautiful quilts or coming here.

KLO
    Blog Entries
    At least now you know who NOT to make a quilt for! I am afraid we have a lot of youngish people out there who don't have much in the way of manners. But of course it is we the parents who should be instilling common courtesy in them. We have dropped the ball somewhere along the line.

Blog Entries
    wow. Even my 2 year old says please and thank you!! I'm shocked. I grew up in a house (I'm 28) and so did my DH (who's 30) that please and thank you were expected. DH still holds doors for me and for tons of other people.

I think your quilt is beautiful. Love it!

I think you did a super job. It is very pretty. Sorry to hear it was not appreciated, like it should have been.

I love it. So sad that she didn't let you even know that she got
    it. She doesn't realize how much work goes into a quilt.

Beautiful quilt. Has anyone noticed that people today just don't know how to say thank you or just don't think there is a need. When I. Was a child my parents made sure I sent a thank you for a gift weither I liked it or not, that it was the thought that mattered. Today people just act like they are entitled and then wonder when you don't gift them for everything. Yes its the thought that matters but they still need to respond if only so you know it wasn't lost in the mail.

It's a shame your beautiful work was not properly acknowledged. I agree with doing very simple work for those who won't appreciate it OR doing noting at all and giving your handmade love to some group in need.
    I once gave a b'day gift to my nephews daughter and never got even a verbal acknowledgment (let alone a thank you). That was the last gift they ever got from me!
    Keep on making quilts for yourself and those that care, it will make you happy!

Great pattern great colors great job! You keep sewing girl. You had the joy of creating and giving, Give, asking for nothing in return.

You did a wonderful job. (Shame on your niece for not acknowledging such a precious gift.)

Lovely quilt and the baby will enjoy it and be kept compfy warm

There is no excuse for not having common courtesy! I am 27 I say "yes, sir" "no, sir" "please" "Thank you" and my five year old does as well. I think it is the person. I show people things that I am making just to see how they react the ones who could care less, I could care less to make anything for! it takes a lot of time and love to make these quilts. I would've called her and told her what I thought of her lack of manners. I have been supper lucky and have had nothing but outstanding show of appreciation for the couple of quilts I have given! You should come and hang out with my family, we may not have much but we appreciate what we have and give thanks for everything we receive! It is a beautiful quilt!

Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana
    I'm sorry you got discouraged. I hope you will make more quilts too. You did such a beautiful job. It's hard when you put your heart into a gift and it goes unnoticed. All of us here understand. Big Hugs.

wow you just sent it to the wrong neice my neice loves purple and would be crazy for it. its beautiful. shes expecting now so ill have to make another one too but im holding off for awhile hoping to find out what it is
    before i start although if i listen to my brother ill
    be digging out the pink and purple. it was really a shock as she wasnt supposed to be able to have any more kids,
    but hey what do drs know anyway )))).
    carla

Blog Entries
    Your quilt is beautiful !! ;-)
    Looking forward to seeing more, you do beautiful work ! ;-)

Blog Entries
    very nice, love the color, keep up the good work

What happened to writing "thank you" notes?

Well,you sure made a beauty of a baby quilt! I love the purple colour and the design - like woven ribbons.

Could I ask where you found the pattern??? I love it!

It looks great! Don't let others keep you down. You wouldn't believe how many times I've made something for someone without even a thank you. I especially hate it when they ask for you to make something, then you pay for the supplies, then you finish give it to them, and then poof...they don't say thanks...those who do not sew, do not know the amount of work involved. At least you can know that things you make yourself are better than anything you by at a store:)

Blog Entries
    What BABY woudn't love this quilt! Please don't let this get you down. I have learned over many, many, many years, I only do projects for myself and then give them away as I like. I do make quilts for people who ask but not because they want it. I do it because I want to. How anyone feels about my work doesn't matter. I enjoy doing it.

Looking forward to seeing your next quilt posted, quickly! :D
    Peace

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4