Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Baby quilts for twins! >

Baby quilts for twins!

Baby quilts for twins!

Old 01-18-2011, 11:08 AM

Those are gorgeous.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:13 AM

I'm currently working on quilts for twins. I was almost through with one when we learned I'd need two--both boys. I've been helping so much with them since they were born in July, that I haven't had much time to get back to the 2nd quilt. Why did I choose something so complicated for the 1st? And with 4" blocks--all either paper pieced, appliqued, or embroidered. Theme: "So Many Fun Days Ahead," with blocks for seasons, holidays, events, etc. ahead.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by MillieH
I'm currently working on quilts for twins. I was almost through with one when we learned I'd need two--both boys. I've been helping so much with them since they were born in July, that I haven't had much time to get back to the 2nd quilt. Why did I choose something so complicated for the 1st? And with 4" blocks--all either paper pieced, appliqued, or embroidered. Theme: "So Many Fun Days Ahead," with blocks for seasons, holidays, events, etc. ahead.
Wow that sounds complicated.

I didn't have a lot of time so I just wanted to choose something simple, quick, and easy.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:38 AM

Just adorable, I love that fabric!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:40 AM

Takes me back to when we had our twins.......almost 10 years ago. :XD: Those are so cute!!! :thumbup:
Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 AM

[quote=Wow that sounds complicated.

I didn't have a lot of time so I just wanted to choose something simple, quick, and easy.[/quote]

When I started the first one, I thought I had plenty time. The announcement of twins on the way is what got me so behind. A friend who is a licensed quilting teacher donated some of the little 4" blocks for this project. Now I'm having to duplicate some of them and/or come up with more of my own to get two out of her and my blocks. I hadn't sewn the blocks together yet when I learned I'd need two quilts, so I've mixed up the blocks for the tops of some mine (about 60%) and some hers. I've been hard pressed to get the same quality of the blocks I'm making as those she made. She's really great--and many more years experience.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:42 AM
QM
Power Poster

Fun!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:44 AM

[quote=Wow that sounds complicated.

I didn't have a lot of time so I just wanted to choose something simple, quick, and easy.[/quote]

When I started the first one, I thought I had plenty time. The announcement of twins on the way is what got me so behind. A friend who is a licensed quilting teacher donated some of the little 4" blocks for this project. Now I'm having to duplicate some of them and/or come up with more of my own to get two out of her and my blocks. I hadn't sewn the blocks together yet when I learned I'd need two quilts, so I've mixed up the blocks for the tops of some mine (about 60%) and some hers. I've been hard pressed to get the same quality of the blocks I'm making as those she made. She's really great--and many more years experience.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:07 PM

love the fabric!!!! they are beautiful!!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:39 PM

Cute quilts!