Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Balloon Baby Quilt & a lunch sack >

Balloon Baby Quilt & a lunch sack

Balloon Baby Quilt & a lunch sack

Old 10-22-2010, 04:20 PM

Love the baby quilt, gret colors and great tote.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
I would love to go to the Balloon Fest sometime. I have a great quilting friend/instructor that lives in Albuquerque.
Thank you! If you ever can manage it, the Balloon Fiesta is a lot of fun, and really doesn't cost much. If you live very far away, the transportation there is probably the most expensive part. We wanted to go this year, but harvest came all at the wrong time for us to get away that week.

The quilt is beautiful! I live here in Albuquerque and I have been lucky enough to see the balloon launches for the last 26 years. They seem to get better and better each year. They bring alot of excitement....hope you can come back!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:26 PM

I LOVE that quilt!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 03:45 AM

Very cute quilt idea -- I love the sun!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:43 AM

Great job, and only you would notice any errors in that Russian Sun. Its beautiful. Neat Lunchbag too
Old 10-23-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
My sister is having a baby and I designed this baby quilt for her. I'm very proud of it; it's the most original quilt I've made (and it was a pain sometimes!). I love balloons, and we went to the Albuquerque balloon fiesta last year, which this is supposed to represent. You get up really early, before sunrise, to go out there, and wait for the mass ascension of hundreds of balloons. It's really amazing.

The sun is a partial Russian Sunflower. I have a thing for that block because I have a quilt passed down from my great-grandmother that is a Russian Sunflower. I've wanted to try one for some time. Turns out it is still a little beyond my skill level. Maybe you can tell in the pics, maybe not, but there are quite a few tucks and wrinkles in the green points of the sun.

The quilting also gave me fits. I'm not as good at FMQ as I'd like to be, and I used a stencil, which it turns out is just not a good method for me, although now I'm better at it, and I spent the money so I'll probably use it again.

The lunch sack I made from a pattern I found online at http://melissaesplin.com/home/2008/0...-for-everyone/ It was also for my sister, as her birthday gift, since she takes her lunch to work and had been using a Wal-Mart bag (It's recycling, but not very cute).
Absolutely Beautiful!!!!! :shock: :mrgreen: :thumbup: :XD:
Old 10-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Banned

lovely.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

I love the sunset or is it sunrise? Are the balloon's going up or coming down? Ah what a mystery, but love the quilt. My big bro lives in ABQ. Will have to go visit during Fiesta, right?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Great quilt and lunch bag!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:28 PM

I love balloons, and we went to the Albuquerque balloon fiesta last year, which this is supposed to represent. You get up really early, before sunrise, to go out there, and wait for the mass ascension of hundreds of balloons. It's really amazing.

Love the baby quilt & the lunch bag as well. I absolutely love hot air balloons!! I have been to Hot Air Balloon Festival in Battlecreek, MI - heard it rivals the NM one - beautiful to watch!

Your sunrise looks great to me. :+)