Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Is a Bargello Quilt on YOUR Bucket list ??? >

Is a Bargello Quilt on YOUR Bucket list ???

Is a Bargello Quilt on YOUR Bucket list ???

Old 11-18-2014, 05:05 PM

I LOVE the rainbow Bargello runner....can you tell me where I can get the directions? I have never done any Bargello and thought this would be a great place to start. THANK YOU!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

Eileen Wright has a couple of great Bargello books. I love them! You can find them on Amazon or such...
Old 11-21-2014, 03:25 PM

Hello Maniacquilter, both of your quilts are beautiful. I have More Twist & Turn Bargello by Eileen Wright and A New Slant on Bargellos by Marge Edie. So far have only made a runner from Marge's book which is cut into placemats afterwards. My daughter loves your rainbow coloured runner, would you mind telling me where the pattern came from please. It looks very like the Bargello Bed Runner in Eileen's book!
Old 11-22-2014, 08:44 AM

I am cutting the strips for a Bargello of Christmas fabrics. My first, in my lonnnnnnnng quilting life and I am wondering if I have finally bitten off more than I can chew.!!!!!lol
Old 11-24-2014, 09:02 PM

I've been in a big slump lately til I laid eyes on your red, white , & black runner. Since I have the book.i immediately went to my stash & pulled fabrics similar to yours. I have the tubes made & I hope mine turns out close to as beautiful as yours. Thanks so much for giving me the push I've needed.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:31 PM

Bargello is on my bucket list and your rainbow runner is outstanding. I'm going to look for that book.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I just thought that if you wanted to make a smaller project using a Bargello pattern, I would suggest making a table runner?? I found this pattern in Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts by Eileen Wright. I have been passionate about Bargello designs since High School when the only Bargello design you could make was by doing needlepoint. I found these table runners very easy to make and both recipients thought they were stunning.
I've saved the pix of your first runner since you first posted it. I was so struck by your colors I went through my stash & have now made one very close to yours.
I'm I love it & it's stunning on my coffee table. I don't know how to post a pix since I only have an iPad right now. Thank you so much for encouraging me to make another Bargello project. My first was a double heart queen size quilt top which still needs to be sandwiched.
I must be crazy but I love the challenge of Bargello.

Pat
Old 12-03-2014, 07:40 PM

Your runners are spectacular ! A Bargello is on my bucket list---but they just seem somewhat intimidating. Perhaps place mats or a runner is a good way to start.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:57 AM

Have loved this pattern forever, I went to purchase the book on Amazon, but they want $980 for it!!!! Do you know of anywhere else I may purchase this pattern?
Old 09-26-2020, 12:29 PM

Yes, it is on my bucket list and your quilt is to die for beautiful! I almost tackled one a few weeks ago and chickened out. I was working with a jelly roll and thought this would be perfect. I have another identical jelly roll and the plan is to use it for a Bargello Quilt. I have several books here to guide me through the process. I am looking forward to making one.