Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Bearly A Month >

Bearly A Month

Bearly A Month

Old 12-30-2012, 06:02 AM

Your quilt is precious, you did a great job!!! Looking forward to seeing your next project.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 AM

simply adorable...love the bright colors..I am sure they will love it also
Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 AM

Your quilt and your workmanship is beary, beary, nice. Those plain fabrics don't cover mistakes like "busy" fabrics can. That said, I didn't see mistakes, just cute little bears, neatly dressed for the weather. Welcome to the board from frosty Iowa.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
Welcome. Not keeping in the. Ditch here in Staffordshire UK is called ditch hopping. Some machines have afoot for sitch in the ditch I tend to echo each side then people don't know you can't sew in a ditch.
I made this project with the Brother CS6000i I bought a couple years ago. I'd made some curtains for a friend, but then had to pack everything away because I was moving. So, this year I finally got it unpacked and started the challenge of the baby blanket. I'm still learning the machine.

There were a lot of feet included with the purchase, but mostly I used the standard (J) foot. It worked nicely for most of the stitching, but I kept misjudging where the line of stitching should end..I kept thinking I was at the exact end, but when clipping the threads, I was often short of where I wanted to be, so had to go back in to get those last 3 or 4 stitches.

When I added the second backing, I used the walking foot that came with it, and I liked the more open toe it had. My mentor, Judy, told me about the stitch in the ditch foot, so I just ordered a ditch foot from Amazon to use on my next project. (I think my next one won't be so ambitious....)

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
Is it your pattern or did you buy? It is beautiful.
http://www.anniescatalog.com/quilt/d...19&cat_id=1718
Link is to the pattern I bought. You'll see I changed things up a bit, but I was trying to make it a little simpler...
Old 12-30-2012, 06:48 AM

It's a beautiful quilt. Those teddies are just gorgeous and whoever receives it will be thrilled. You've done really well. Looking forward to seeing more work. Don't be shy!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by helou View Post
Welcome aboard from Quebec City and thank you for sharing this beautiful quilt... For a First, you used many different techniques and you did a fabulous job! flaws?? where. That's not what WE see . Congratulations!
Thank you so much! I did learn a lot, at every aspect, from using a lightboard to trace the patterns, to cutting the blocks, to stitching techniques. This board, and all of the skilled quilters and the tutorials really helped a lot.

I'm really not crazy about hand stitching, so I was trying to find a way to do this as much by machine as possible. But, some things just have to be done by hand, so hopefully my hand stitching will improve, too.

Thank you again, for such nice words!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by northern lass View Post
It's a beautiful quilt. Those teddies are just gorgeous and whoever receives it will be thrilled. You've done really well. Looking forward to seeing more work. Don't be shy!
Thank you! My friend Grace is delighted, and can't wait to get it to her granddaughter.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

Very cute! Toying really did well.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:49 AM

GREAT job!!! You couldnt belive it is your first quilt...I see many more coming in the future!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 AM

I love what you have created!!! It's perfect for a baby quilt. Not just a so so quilt but outstanding!!