QM
Power Poster

Stunning quilt!
Old 02-22-2016, 08:33 PM

Strip – Pieced quilts:easy designs from just six fabrics
By Maaike Bakker
Old 02-23-2016, 08:09 PM

Hi
I saw the book on amazon by Baaker very expensive, is there anyway in the kindness of your heart to either print out the page of patent or give some specific ideas to make it. There is a guy wayne that has a site and he tried to help by saying you have to go dark to light and visa versa but got me so confused I have all the jelly rolls as well as an accuquilt cutter, he said he used 2" strips not 1-1/2 like the book suggested I have to make this quilt and I'm willing to pay for the patern in the book. Hope to hear from you
God bless you, you are extremely talented
Casey
[email protected]
"
Old 02-23-2016, 08:59 PM

Thank you for sharing the picture of your beautiful quilt and the pattern info.. I also love black and white quilts
Old 02-23-2016, 11:27 PM

wow wow wow
Old 02-24-2016, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by casey2764 View Post
Hi
I saw the book on amazon by Baaker very expensive, is there anyway in the kindness of your heart to either print out the page of patent or give some specific ideas to make it. There is a guy wayne that has a site and he tried to help by saying you have to go dark to light and visa versa but got me so confused I have all the jelly rolls as well as an accuquilt cutter, he said he used 2" strips not 1-1/2 like the book suggested I have to make this quilt and I'm willing to pay for the patern in the book. Hope to hear from you
God bless you, you are extremely talented
Casey
[email protected]
"
Unfortunately it is illegal to copy a pattern from a book and give (or sell) it to another person. However, this quilt is easy to make even without a pattern.

You start by sewing strip sets. Arrange 6 fabrics in order from light to dark. If you take a look at the first post in this thread, you will see how the author lined up her 6 jelly rolls in order. Sew the strips together in that order. Iron the sets so they lie flat.

Cut the strips into 60-degree triangles. There are probably Youtube tutorials on how to do this. Here is one tutorial I found online: http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html

When you cut the triangles, you will find that half of them have a black tip and half of them have a white tip. Basically you sew all the black-tip triangles together to make strips the length of the quilt, and sew all the white-tip triangles together to make strips the length of the quilt. Take a close look at the beginning photo again and you will see how these triangles are sewn together to make strips.

Sew the black-tip strips and white-tip strips together, alternating them. That completes the body of the quilt.

Add borders as desired. In the photo that started this thread, the maker sewed on a black border strip, then a narrow red strip, then another black strip. The quilt is bound in black.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:59 AM

Beautiful quilt
Old 02-24-2016, 12:54 PM

Striking quilt! Please post the others when they are done I would love to see them!