Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Book Styel Kindle Cover-Best yet >

Book Styel Kindle Cover-Best yet

Book Styel Kindle Cover-Best yet

Old 01-09-2011, 10:21 PM

:-D :-D :-D No my kindle is not here as yet, but I was excited about this one. I put fabric on the elastic. What I did was make little tubes and the pulled the elastic through until the end of it came out and then tacked that down and then pulled on the other end of the leastic and scrunched up the fabric just a little bit so there is room for the elastic to stretch when you put the kindle in it. THey look like little scrunchies. After doing that on all 4 corners, then I stitched two fabric togeter right sides together with the fabrc covered elastic sandwitching them two fabric and then sewed them to gether leavintg an opening and then turned it and put the elastic on the side I wanted it to be on and then pinned and stitched it on the book and I added pockets! Just two little ones in case I should want to go to the library and borrow some books, there is a pocket for a library card and one for the reciept with the due date on it. Any I'm happy with this one. Holy moly I will have the best dressed kindle in all of Clallam Co! enjoy, Huggies, Fay

A closed book
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157078[/ATTACH]

Book is opened
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157079[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157073.jpe   attachment-157074.jpe  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:51 AM

I love it. I received a Kindel from Santa :)
Old 01-10-2011, 06:53 AM

That is really cool!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:04 AM

Fay, that is just darling! Not sure I am clear on how you did it, ( not necessarily your directions, just my brain not getting it!LOL). How about a tutorial on this one? I did the "picture frame " one, and as I was making it for my niece who doesn"t have the use of her left arm, I added a strap of elastic across the back that she can slip her wrist through. She wouldnt be able to use the style that opens like a book unless it can be folded all the way to the back. After making that one, I thought the pocket at the bottom sort of defeated the purpose for her, she won"t be able to turn off and on , etc., without removing the KIndle. This new style would work better. And, you are going to love your Kindle!! Just got mine for Xmas, and it is great!! Carol
Old 01-10-2011, 07:05 AM

the fabric select. is wonderful
Old 01-10-2011, 07:08 AM

Nice!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:26 AM

Great job!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

That is great. I love that yellow fabric. Yours is going to be the best dressed Kindle yet.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:27 AM

The pattern is a copy righted one so I don't think I can do a tute on it. but maybe I can do one on how I did the elastic and sewing the two pieces of fabrics togher and then turning it right side out and such. On the original pattern they sewed in the elastic on the corners by hand and I did not like that. But elaastic can only be found in black or white so I thought covering the elastic in fabric would look better. Will try to work out a tute for covering the elastic and such later. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 01-10-2011, 09:32 AM

Sure hope you can do a tute on the elastic part my brain isn't absorbing well today!