Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Bookmarks by Rhonda >

Bookmarks by Rhonda

Bookmarks by Rhonda

Old 04-15-2009, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
really nice. I need to make some of these...ah, time.
I have a motto, "you won't have time, until you make time." need to follow my own advice, but in my case, I have so many ppl around me, clamoring for attention! I want to play! :roll:
It is hard to find the tiny prints, I have been watching for them also.
If I find any, I'll let you know. Do you use all colors on pieces with a background setting of black, or mostly black and white mini prints?
I break my fabric down into 6 colors black burgandy green blue purple brown and then each color is broke down into dark med and light.

I look for a lot of contrast in the darks and lights. I prefer to use(but can't always find) a dark -say navy - with a white or cream tiny print or a color on color then reverse it for the lights a white or cream tiny print on a dark -navy- background

Mediums need to be in the middle range of the medium value so they contrast with but don't blend with the dark

I have never cared much for the waterecolors or batiks. Not small enough print and I prefer the country look

I'm just differant than everyone else!! I always have to do things the hard way! Makes life more challenging I quess.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:38 PM

want to say thank you for my template it got here little over a week ago
went to scrapbooking class with me had a blast with it
now none of my scrap will go to waste
graet way to make a fram from pcs.
frankie
Old 06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by [email protected]
want to say thank you for my template it got here little over a week ago
went to scrapbooking class with me had a blast with it
now none of my scrap will go to waste
graet way to make a fram from pcs.
frankie
Your welcome! Glad you got it! Sounds like you have been having fun with it!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:10 PM

I bought your ebook a month or so ago, browsed it and filed it away. Have had to many other projects with time lines going. But now that school is almost out and projects are done I can't wait to play with your method. I am printing the book out as I type! :)
Old 06-05-2009, 04:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mamabird3
I bought your ebook a month or so ago, browsed it and filed it away. Have had to many other projects with time lines going. But now that school is almost out and projects are done I can't wait to play with your method. I am printing the book out as I type! :)
Thanks for buying my book! I do hope you enjoy playing with all the info and hope to see pictures!!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:45 AM

Rhonda: You do such nice work...I love your hotpads but these bookmarks are really outstanding too. I think I like the Drunkard's Path bookmark the best...I love any block with curves or that LOOK curved. Good job, thanks for sharing.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Feathers They are my second best seller at Kalona ( store I sell my stuff to ) and they are one of my favorites to do because they are so quick and easy. I'm glad you like them.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:07 AM

You do awesome work Rhonda! I can't hardly believe how small these are and how accurate you get with them. You should be so proud of these! Can't wait to use my templates you sent.

I did miss the tutorial of the bookmarks.

Thanks for sharing your photos. I would love to see you make a mini quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap, that would be awesome!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by suzic46
You do awesome work Rhonda! I can't hardly believe how small these are and how accurate you get with them. You should be so proud of these! Can't wait to use my templates you sent.

Thanks for sharing your photos. I would love to see you make a mini quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap, that would be awesome!
I have wished I had time to do some of the swaps. I may once i get caught up. The doll quilt would be one I can do and not get bogged down in. My granddaughter 7 would love any doll quilt I get in return!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by suzic46

You know Suzi this is why I am sharing my techniques with people. If you don't want to buy the books you can still see the block techniques on my free web site.
These blocks are how I am able to get the little pieces. If you can use my 1 1/2" template just do 12 and sew them into two rows of 6. You can make them too. I have more blocks coming out soon and plan to do a few more over the next months.