Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boo's SBS

You left click on them and they should come right up

boo,i'm telling you just so darned talented

Quote Originally Posted by Neva Jones
    I made 3 of SBS quilts for DGDS 25 years they were a block I just love them I would like to make one for my self but every quilt I make some one see it and wonts it and you guest it I give it to them LOL Neva
    STOP!

You deserve a quilt you made.

Do it.

tim on san jose

Boo, that is one of the most elegant SBS quilts I've seen. It reminds me of one I saw at a quilt show I went to about 6 years ago (I remember because my Sister went into labor while we were there... mental note: Never take 9 month pregnant woman to quilt show; the walking might induce labor & cause you to miss part of the display!!). Anyway, before my viewing pleasure was so rudely interrupted :lol: , I saw a SBS done in 3-D. I'll try to explain. It was done as a medallion or whole cloth style, no blocks. The entire quilt was one large playground scene, and I mean LARGE- 120 x 120, all done by hand. All of the Sues dresses hung like dresses away from the quilt, and the same for the little boys overalls. There were also fishing poles with hanging lines, swing sets with seats that would swing away from the quilt, and so many more details. (All of the little Sues had on lacy pantaloons under their dresses!!)

Boo, I have never, until yours, seen a SBS done in fabrics other than feed sack/repro. I absolutely love it!!!!!

Boo
    Carla, thanks for sharing your story. The funny thing was, I didn't really chose the fabrics at all! Hancock's of Paducah used to offer some deal on fat quarters in color families. It was a mail order sort of thing. When I found out that my niece had a large bed (she was only 6 or so at the time) I decided to order one of each color packet they offered. I think there was one or two I couldn't use, I believe they were Christmas or something like that. When the quilt was finished, I sent them a thank you note along with a picture.
    BTW, I would have told my sister to suck it up and keep legs together, especially if there were more quilts to see! :lol:

Well, you did a great job whoever grouped the fabrics!!! You still did the work. :D

:lol: I tried that & she started moaning, with some kind of weird, evil look in her eyes... :shock: We were about 90 miles from the hospital so I had to skip the rest of the quilts... Don't worry... she still hears about it every chance I get!! :lol:

Boo your quilt is beautiful. That being said...I completely agree with Kathy and you deserve credit for making such a beautiful quilt. I have no sense of color, between being just plain bland and colorblind I can't pick out a thing. I don't have a sense of design either, I have to follow EXTREMELY specific directions. I know the pain and work it takes to follow directions for someone else's design and make it into a beautiful bedding piece. It may be Eleanor Burn's book, but you cut out the pieces, you sewed em together, and you did the sashing and all the rest of the work that went into it. Therefore..when it turns out pretty YOU should be the one to get the credit (and Elenor Burns for writing such a nice book).

We just love ya Boo and want you to know we think your work is pretty!! :roll:

Boo
    awwwwwwww shucks, maam. :oops:

that was just my 2cents. I didn't mean for it to sound so soap boxy.

Blog Entries
    thanks for sharing the SB Sue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2