Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Border Creek Mystery Quilt top finished! >

Border Creek Mystery Quilt top finished!

Border Creek Mystery Quilt top finished!

Old 10-06-2013, 08:02 AM

Default Border Creek Mystery Quilt top finished!

And I am only a year behind LOL!!!

This is the quilt top from the mystery quilt from 2 years ago. I have the backing prepared and the binding sewn and rolled...I just need to pick up some batting to start the quilting.

Our reveal party for the last sessions' mystery quilt is in 2 weeks...so I'm going to get working on that one (I'm on instalment 5 of 8) this week.

Oh it feels so good to be done, it wasn't a difficult thing, I just hated having it sitting there not done. Unfortunately it's not my style (fabric) which probably did not help in getting it done.
Attached Thumbnails e2f280b7-b421-45df-bb64-5f62fdb877bc_zps13e0e818.jpg  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Very soft and pretty. I am sure someone will love it even if you are not a big fan
Old 10-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

Spectacular!
While not your normal colours/fabrics choice, it is a lovely quilt. Maybe you will like it more, with the quilting completed?

My top got finished ... and has stayed as such! I am lost as to how to quilt it and am bound that I AM quilting it and not sending it to the LA!

Guess what, YukonViv?
I was thinking of you the other day ... not as in, has she finished? More so, wondering how you are? and thinking I bet she enjoyed the long days of summer ... and soon will be back to quilting through those long dark winter nights!!!! Good to "see" you!

Last edited by QuiltE; 10-06-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

You are further ahead than I am. Beautiful, lovely colors.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 AM

I bought a pattern from Border Creek a couple of weeks ago--beautiful.

I find the mystery quilt idea fascinating; however, I don't have a LQS that participates. Are these ever run for us independent quilters? Is it allowed for you to choose your own fabrics, or is using the designated one's part of the mystery?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

Pretty top and it's finished! I find QuiltCam with Bonnie Hunter at www.quiltville.blogspot.com a real help for doing a less than exciting task. I set up my work and listen to Bonnie on my iPad as we both do some mindless sewing. She now has the sessions archived on youtube if you can't catch them live.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
I bought a pattern from Border Creek a couple of weeks ago--beautiful.

I find the mystery quilt idea fascinating; however, I don't have a LQS that participates. Are these ever run for us independent quilters? Is it allowed for you to choose your own fabrics, or is using the designated one's part of the mystery?
The Border Creek patterns have never required you to use their chosen fabrics ... and I never have!

Their written pattern instructions are well written to help guide you to choosing your fabrics, if you step away from the ones they have used. It really depends on whether you want a "sure thing" or are willing to take some element of risk. Likewise their monthly installments are very detailed, so you do not feel lost.

You could always contact Sherri and explain your unavailability of a participating LQS, although I believe there is no alternate than to connect with an LQS that is. That being said ... if an LQS is willing, they could always mail you the instructions each month.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

love the soft colours
Old 10-06-2013, 09:53 AM

Wow you did a beautiful job, especially with it not being your choice of fabrics. Will you gift it? I'm sure it's going to be just perfect for someone in your life.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
The Border Creek patterns have never required you to use their chosen fabrics ... and I never have!

Their written pattern instructions are well written to help guide you to choosing your fabrics, if you step away from the ones they have used. It really depends on whether you want a "sure thing" or are willing to take some element of risk. Likewise their monthly installments are very detailed, so you do not feel lost.

You could always contact Sherri and explain your unavailability of a participating LQS, although I believe there is no alternate than to connect with an LQS that is. That being said ... if an LQS is willing, they could always mail you the instructions each month.
I just emailed her--thanks for the tip and the information.
Angelia