Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Bow Tuck I made yesterday and some lessons learned >

Bow Tuck I made yesterday and some lessons learned

Bow Tuck I made yesterday and some lessons learned

Old 06-10-2011, 03:31 AM

Simply put, beautiful.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by kathome
I think on the next one I'll use the iron-on fleece on the outside fabric and bottom and use regular iron-on interfacing on the lining and handle and see how that works out.

I did quilt the one pictured but the thread blends in so well that it's hard to see. I WILL continue to quilt the outside main fabric because I like the look better and think that it makes the whole purse more stable and also hand made.

Tonight another lady saw this one and immediately wanted one. She said that she'd pay me for it. So I nonchalantly asked her what she expected to pay and she said, "Oh, I don't know, its $15 enough?" (Hummmm... think I'll wait on making THAT one. $15 barely pays for the fabric and fleece.)
You did a great job and I like the colors. I sold a few of these and here I can get easily 45$, the iron-on fleece is quite expensive over here in Quebec and so is the fabric, therefore I don't let them go at a cheaper price. I also sew the pocket with the bottom piece but I have no problem to sew it together, I use a jeans needle and it works fine but I suppose the lining and the inside pockets don't need the iron-on fleece.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 AM

I absolutely LOVE your choice of fabric. Can't wait to see purse #2. :thumbup:
Old 06-10-2011, 03:46 AM

It came out beautifully! I love the colors. Don't forget to post how you make the next one so that we can see how your new ideas work. More pics, too, please :-D !!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:48 AM

Good job. I love your fabric colors. Thanks for the tips. I bought the bow tuck pattern but haven't tried it yet. After seeing 1 made up I wish I had gotten the mini bow tuck instead as the bt may be too big for me. Will see after I get it done. Seems like no one can stop with just 1 of these bags so maybe my Christmas gift list will get taken care of when I start on mine. :lol:
Old 06-10-2011, 04:29 AM

Very pretty...love the colors. I agree about the iron on fleece. It is very bulky to work with. I broke a couple of needles making mine trying to get through all the layers. They do look nice though when they are done. Another fun one to do is the Desk Deli Tote by Penny Sturges. I just finished one and it came out nice and was, I think, easier to do.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky Lady
Very pretty...love the colors. I agree about the iron on fleece. It is very bulky to work with. I broke a couple of needles making mine trying to get through all the layers. They do look nice though when they are done. Another fun one to do is the Desk Deli Tote by Penny Sturges. I just finished one and it came out nice and was, I think, easier to do.
Picture please.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by bstock
Great bag! Love your fabrics! For the pocket, I sew the bottom of the pocket in with the bottom portion of the bag. Maybe this will work for you.

I agree with this hint and plan to use it next time I make one. I also think I may make my next on a little "taller". I think your color choices were great too!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:45 AM

I like and I agree with iron on , I dont think u need it in purse or handles, I just use batting. Colors are pretty. Just position pocket closer to bottom of top part that's all and I sew bottom where you turn it after its turned of course lol. :thumbup: :roll: :lol:
Old 06-10-2011, 04:46 AM

I think it's beautiful. Thanks for the tips, I'll be starting mine as soon as I finish re-doing my sewing room. LOVE LOVE LOVE your avatar!!!