Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Can you believe???? >

Can you believe????

Can you believe????

Old 08-29-2010, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

I like it!
Old 08-29-2010, 06:19 AM

I think that your quilt looks really pretty, I saw the mistake that you made, but it doesn't look bad at all, but I know how you feel, I did a mistake on one of mine and didn't find it until the quilt was finished and I couldn't do anything about it, but it still bothers me, but you do what makes you feel good about your project. I think it looks great the way it is. Have a great day.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:29 AM

Well, it's different. I would redo it if you plan to display it on a wall.....otherwise, why? It looks good and no one cuddling under it will ever see the twisted keys. Besides, you know the old Amish saying........always plan a mistake to show your humility. Noone is perfect except God! It's a very nice quilt! :-)
Old 08-29-2010, 06:33 AM

I think I found it. The bottom left corner is upside down.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:00 AM

When I first looked at the photo and border, I hadn't read your entire post. First thing I noticed was the flip on the orange pieces and thought..."that looks like someone is playing a keyboard". (honest) Then I read your message. This is something you have to decide.

I like it.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:01 AM

If it REALLY bothers you, I would fix it. Things like this tend to haunt me - I later wish I had fixed them when it was possible to still do it. But if it doesn't, then don't. As someone else said, the Amish intentionally put in a mistake because only God is perfect!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:19 AM

Name it "Piano For Leftys and Rightys"
Old 08-29-2010, 08:37 AM

I see part of the keys on the bottom border are upside down. This is one of those things that would bug me forever since I know it isn't right. If you keep it, fix it for your own peace of mind. :-) If it is for someone else and you are unlikley to ever see it again, they may not see this as an error but part of the "art".
Old 08-29-2010, 08:41 AM

I love the upside-down piano keys--it gives the quilt charactor. I once put an entire panel for a Trip Around the World quilt in wrong--instead of all diamond shapes, I had diamonds AND rectangles, and I didn't notice it until half of the quilting was done! It was a gift for somone, and I gave it to them anyway--and now have a fun story about it!!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 AM

If you wouldn't have brought it to my attention I probably would have never noticed it.
We are our own worst enemys when it comes to being self critical, striving for perfection.
I would leave it the way it is. However, if it bothers you that much maybe you could track down a couple of neighbors and ask them if they see anything wrong with it.
Or if anyone ever says anything just say that is the way it is supposed to be. :twisted:
BTW, I love the quilt and your color choices. :thumbup: