Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals

I've been to Indiana three times to visit my brother. Each time I've gone, I have kept a vigilant lookout for cardinals and still haven't seen one. I love those birds, and we don't have them in Colorado. My brother says they are everywhere, but they seem to go into hiding when I am there. So we have a running joke about this now. He and his wife will be coming out for Christmas and I was going to make a pillow with these embroidered designs on it. I was thinking about bordering them with a log cabin kind of pattern with Christmas fabrics. Any other ideas?

I still need to clean up some of the loose stitches. The first one looks kinda wonky......
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got a kick out of those. Great job!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very cute! Maybe instead of "Christmas" fabric you could use "winter" fabric. You might get a bit more use out of your great pillows that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    Very cute! Maybe instead of "Christmas" fabric you could use "winter" fabric. You might get a bit more use out of your great pillows that way.
    You know, that had occurred to me, too, about the winter fabrics. I'll have to see what I have.

Blog Entries
    They are So cute. I love them.

Ducky....we have a bird feeder in our back yard...and we get beautiful cardinals all the time. We get all kinds of birds....but it truly is beautiful to see a Cardinal in the snow. If I can catch it at the right time....I'll send you a picture.

Blog Entries
    Those are so cute----I like the second one.

I had some Christmas fabric with cardinals and other birds on it. I fussy- cut the birds and appliqued them to Christmas stockings.

ranger

I love the cardinals in the tree. Actually, I love the cardinal sticking out of the snow! It made me laugh. Thanks!

I just had to do the cardinal sticking out of the snow. My brother and I don't see each other very often, but when we do it's a continuous laugh-fest. We laugh until we cry. Plus, there are four of us siblings and I was known as the clutzy one......so guess who is represented in the snow?! :lol:

Tabby, I'd love to have a picture of a cardinal in your back yard!

omg! too neat! gonna try it! ROTFL

I love it! I'm collecting fabric with cardinals on it so I can make a winter quilt for me. These would be so awesome to include. What "maker/designer" are they? I have a .xxx language for my Singer Futura.

Thanks!
    Barb

love them Duck, they are so cute. I might have to get that package as well *sees her wish list growing*

There are several blocks that have a big spot in the center for things like these. depends on how much work you want to do, and it is easy to modify other blocks if there is even a pieced center to it, just take the piecing out and put in that embroidered square,

Very Cute! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    I love it! I'm collecting fabric with cardinals on it so I can make a winter quilt for me. These would be so awesome to include. What "maker/designer" are they? I have a .xxx language for my Singer Futura.

Thanks!
    Barb
    Barb, I will tell you the name of the site, but I will warn you that it is a very addicting place to visit. It is emblibrary.com. I have to use the .pes format and my frame is only 4x4. I'd love to upgrade to a bigger machine, but I surely don't have the $$.

Those are so cute!

Your cardinals are cute!!!

Ducky, I completely understand. I too love cardinals, but we don't have them here either. I grew up in the midwest where there were so many...even had bluejays which we don't have here in the valley either, they are up in the mountains, but alas, no cardinals..

I love this design too! I have it, but haven't stitched it out. :oops: You and your brother sound like ya'll have a good time together...

Ducky they are wonderful. I see them here every now and then. Not too often though.

Those are sew cute! We have cardinals here, and they really are pretty in the snow!

Blog Entries
    Those are wonderful!!! DB and SIL are going to love these!!! I can't wait to see the pillows :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Your Cardinals are teriffic!! :D
    They will make a darling pillow
    for your brother.
    :D :D :D

dear i know they used to be every where up there when i lived up that way.I lived up there for fourty years.an only been away for four now i'm getting close to telling my age so i won't add any more years on there.
    but if i can get you some good pictures of some cardnals here I will.
    I'm in arkansas now an love the winter weather except for ice.But i'd put up with a little ice instead of two or more months of snow on the ground.
    I think the ones you have are great they look really cute.

Those are so cute, I love cardinal too!

I think they are the greatest. I love the cardinal in the snowdrift. So funny. Great job.

I LOVE cardinals! I live in Illinois and it's the state bird and I've only seen one this year! Hopefully when it gets colder I will see more. I went to the library and borrowed 365 Foundation Quilt Blocks by Linda Causee . It has an awesome cardinal block in it (also blue bird, robin, a couple of doves and a hummingbird) enough for me to make a bird quilt. :)
    Your birds look beautiful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast