Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chemo turbans

You are an angel.

Quiltlady: Regarding the amount of fabric: You need a piece 14"L x 22"W for the all sizes. If your knit is at least 58" wide, you can get two from that.
    I usually buy 1/2 yd. as it is hard to get just 14". Does result in a little waste, but some shrinkage with washing and drying too.
    Good luck and have fun making these. Someone will be blessing you. Penny

Wonderful! Love the look of these. I will PM you my e-mail.
    Thank you so much fo rall you are doing. I have had too many realtives with cancer, I think we all have.

Ladies, DO NOT post your e-mail here it is too public and may fall in the wrong hands. Please go to top of page and the last line in the ribbon last window is PRIVATE MESSAGES and post there or go to blue name to left and click on it to post PM.

Very interesting, the work and purpose you do, I pm you, hope it made it there, first time for me, thanks! :)

I read the size you use . and this is perfect for all the FAT QUARTERS i have around....... i also PM'd you with my email and can't wait to get it and make these... i know of many ladies that is going through CHEMO but this is a great gift for the ELDERLY as well... we make lap quilts for several nursing homes in our area and i know many ladies say they are cold .... and really don't have much hair. so this can be a fashion trend. and will ASK our quilting group today about making these as holiday stuffer to add to X-mas baskets to the nursing home.
    Thank you again for sharing.... and be looking for the pattern in my email.... when you have time and rested. :thumbup:

I PM'd you for the pattern - Thank you. I also had a button collection from my mother. I had foot and knee surgery so made "button bouquets" while I was sitting. Used small vases, containers from the thrift shops, florist wire, and lots of buttons. I glued in the stems and added "marbles" or stones around the base.I They were all one of a kind and gave them to friends, relatives. That pretty well wiped out the pretty buttons but still have a few.

Yes I would love a copy I just finished my 4th round of chemo . my email is [email protected] thanks so much

Just wanted to say I agree with everyone else these are gorgeous! I have a DQF on a Weight Watcher thread that was just diagnosed w/cancer. We are sending her gifts weekly to lift her spirits and help her in her fight to win. My week is coming up and just this morning I was wondering what I could start putting together to send and low and behold I see you pics...perfect! I just PM'd you for the pattern so I can make her a few. Thanks for the generous offer to share with all of us!

Those are wonderful. I love the buttons you used.

I would love to have your pattern for the Chemo turbans.Thank you.
    [email protected]

What a great idea...love it that you can use "used" T-shirts. What a way to help out someone in need. I pm'ed you for the pattern

I would love to buy one of these beautiful chemo turbans from you. I just found out about them today and my daughter who is 52 will be starting breast cancer treatment next week. Do you have any Fall/Winter colors available. Can you pm me with a price that you want?
    If you can't sell a ready made one to me, would you consider pm the pattern so I could print it and seek out someone around here that would make one.
    God bless you for all your kindness. Sincerely, Victoria
    [email protected]

i would love a pattern please---when you have time--do not push yourself too hard

Hi Jemma: Need your email addy to send the pattern file to you. Thanks, Penny in Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Hi Marsha: Sounds like you had fun making button bouquets! I have collected vases and all the makings, but have yet to sit down and whip some up! Maybe having foot surgery is the secret?! LOL
    Not in my plans. Been there, done that already. Penny in K'zoo

bj
    I found a how-to here for those who are interested:

http://www.sewing.org/html/turban.html

Just PM'd you. Thanks so much for sharing. I plan on making a few and donating to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrownowl
    Hi there - I have PM'd you for the pattern - my 12-year old god daughter has just started chemo, and this might just be the answer to the cover-up! Thank you in advance.
    Unless she has an especially large head, I would use the smaller size pattern. Did you receive the pattern from me yet? If not, send me your email address by PM please. Have sent so many and with our computer down for the past two weeks, some fell through the cracks I fear. Hoping for a good outcome for your god-dau.
    When I was in high school in 1963-64, our family hosted an exchange student from England. She was from Rolleston-on-Dove, Staffordshire. Sadly, she is now deceased. She left a daughter who was named after me, tho' we have had no contact.
    Penny in Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Quote Originally Posted by bj
    I found a how-to here for those who are interested:

http://www.sewing.org/html/turban.html
    This is the exact pattern that I am sharing. So here is another source. Thanks for finding it! Penny (pgthom) in Kalamazoo

Quote Originally Posted by pgthom
    These are some I made last week for a "shirt tail" relative who is just starting chemo. I love this pattern, have used it many times, and always find the wearer likes it too.
    I have it saved in a file and it was a free pattern at my LFS (local fabric shop), so no restrictions on copying or sharing. Quick and easy to make, about 15-20 minutes each. PM me your email if you would like a copy. Seems I know too many friends who have needed these recently! :(
    I would love the pattern. My special friend is just starting 12wks of chemo and will loose her beautiful hair.I will pm you Thanks

Will need your email address in order to sent the pattern file. It doesn't show up on a PM. Thanks, Penny (pgthom) in Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Will need your email address in order to sent the pattern file. It doesn't show up on a PM. Thanks, Penny (pgthom) in Kalamazoo, MI, USA
    When I realised u had so many I went to the posted link!! Many thanks!

When I realised u had so many I went to the posted link!! Many thanks!

I have PM'd you about this pattern. They are adorable. I have even been to Kalamazoo although it was many years ago. It is really great that you are offering it to us.

Blog Entries
    Hi, I was browsing looking for your French Braid quilt and found the wonderful Chemo Turbons. This pattern would be a nice change for our group to use. Please e-mail me the pattern.Thank you.Let me know the cost.
    Your French Braid quilt is stunning. I love your colors.
    Thank you.
    Traditional

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast