Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Christms for ME! >

Christms for ME!

Christms for ME!

Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM

Wonderful family you have! I bought MYSELF my new machine for MY Xmas plus a new OTT light (table top with craft caddy) and a new Rowenta Master iron! I guess I just don't have thoughtful encouraging family memebers! However, my oldest son was hiking the Grand Canyon and bought me an authentic Indian quiver with two arrows at an Indian shop somewhere nearby, knowing I collect Indian dolls, dreamcatchers, etc. It is stunning!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM

That is so wonderful Jan!! Congratulations!! What a great family you have!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:27 PM

What a great family to be so supportive withy your new hobby. Very nice gifts. They may be sorry in a few years though when it becomes an obsession! LOL Have fun!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:30 PM

The machine is a Brother XR 9000. The stop/start button is awesome. Haven't even taken the foot pedal out of its plastic. It is sensitive about it's threading - both upper and bobbin - but I'm learning to trouble shoot that pretty well. I've sewn through about 4 bobbins - some of that with the grandboys around and some in the wee hours. Who needs sleep when you can sew??? I've finished one quilt top - start to finish - and will finish another one tonight. Sew, Sew, Sew!

LOVE the little scissors! They fit right under the edge of the machine and are so easy to grab. Make my regular ones feel big and clunky.

My old mat was 18X24. As I tucked it away in a cabinet it felt like a toy after using my new HUGE one for a week. I wanted a larger mat, but had no idea I'd ever have one THAT large!

This machine is very light weight. It does tend to move a bit when I'm working on bigger pieces. I think if I had some kind of mat under it that would help - hey maybe my old cutting mat??? It's on a wooden dining table that has a slick surface.

The grandboys like to sit right beside me and watch me sew. They also like to get their little cars and play under the table. When they get restless we go do something else and 2 days we were gone on various missions so ... good times for all. Funny what treasures they think my little scraps are...
Old 12-31-2010, 06:18 PM

Very nice gifts! You're all set to go!
Janie
Old 12-31-2010, 08:41 PM

super cool - new machine new memories in the making
Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 PM

It is nice to be LOVED! Congratulations!