Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Cobblestones I Kicked Up a Notch >

Cobblestones I Kicked Up a Notch

Cobblestones I Kicked Up a Notch

Old 08-30-2010, 08:01 PM

Very cute quilt! Adding the center squares was very clever.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
n2--just when I think I have followed and figured out how you chose your colors you throw me a curve ball--and yes I've checked out your hints tut. OBTW--none of my fabs in here this time! LOL. G
My quilts are as unpredictable as I am!! I will have to do a tute for those who'd like to know the process I use in choosing the color palette!! I'd like to show how easy it is! Once you know, you can't wait to get 'started on another one'!!! lol. ;) ;) :roll:
Old 08-31-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by LeeAnn
Very cute quilt! Adding the center squares was very clever.
Thank you, dear!! Love your signature!! Yes, the Lord has His way with us!! All glory to Him!! I'm just the vessel!!

:D :wink: :!:
Old 08-31-2010, 09:28 PM

I was just going to slide by this and go look at other l istings, but..the more I looked at this, the more I loved it and just had to tell you so. This is really cute and very striking. I love using up my scraps..I have a TON
Old 09-01-2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by ctmhjenn
I was just going to slide by this and go look at other l istings, but..the more I looked at this, the more I loved it and just had to tell you so. This is really cute and very striking. I love using up my scraps..I have a TON
I'm so happy you stopped to tell me!! The center piece really makes it and I did discover the center squares all being the same size gave it the consistency it needed whereas random shapes in the center didn't look as well. If you give it a try, please share your pics! We would love to see how you use your scraps! Thank you soooo much, ctmhjenn!! Love that avatar pic!!

;) :-D :!: :thumbup:
Old 09-01-2010, 09:46 AM

You are right! Adding those center squares really do add to your quilt! I really love quilts with all different bright and fun prints. They are my absolute favorite....and yours fits right in :) Its going to be fabulous when finished!!

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
This is a lap quilt I started last July. Had 22 blocks done then so added 13 more to make it a good size. The most fun when I finished was adding the center squares to each block wonky style and it beefed up the quilt alot! Just appliqued them on and then joined all the blocks together. This is a really fast way to make a quilt and it was boring to me without the center squares. Now that I got this far, I decided I'll make an additional 7 blocks to make it wider. Then I'll add a 6 inch border and hope it will cover my son's feet (over 6 ft tall)!! Hope you enjoy my kicked-up cobblestones quilt!! JFYI, I cut 5.5" squares and 2.5" strips for this one! Also, it's a good way to use up those really large florals! ;-)
Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by lallyann
You are right! Adding those center squares really do add to your quilt! I really love quilts with all different bright and fun prints. They are my absolute favorite....and yours fits right in :) Its going to be fabulous when finished!!

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
This is a lap quilt I started last July. Had 22 blocks done then so added 13 more to make it a good size. The most fun when I finished was adding the center squares to each block wonky style and it beefed up the quilt alot! Just appliqued them on and then joined all the blocks together. This is a really fast way to make a quilt and it was boring to me without the center squares. Now that I got this far, I decided I'll make an additional 7 blocks to make it wider. Then I'll add a 6 inch border and hope it will cover my son's feet (over 6 ft tall)!! Hope you enjoy my kicked-up cobblestones quilt!! JFYI, I cut 5.5" squares and 2.5" strips for this one! Also, it's a good way to use up those really large florals! ;-)
I'm with you, lallyann! I just love those bright and fun prints too! They really make the quilt sing!! Thank you so very much for your super compliments! I think it'll be great too when finished!! :D ;) ;-) :!: :thumbup:
Old 09-01-2010, 10:05 AM

I like it....different blocks, different colors & prints makes it interesting to look all over it.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by nwm50
I like it....different blocks, different colors & prints makes it interesting to look all over it.
Thank you, nwm50!! I think so too! I try to keep it interesting looking!!

:-D :wink: :wink: :-D
Old 12-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

very nice happy quilt.........