Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: costly quilt

Do you have an old quilt to wrap yourself in for the rest of the day? Sounds like an old quilt day.

Also, you did an awesome job on your quilt. I liked your idea too. Good job! :)

Quote Originally Posted by DianD
    You know, its really is true - "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!" Soon, you will again be the windshield!
    Ain't that the truth!

:wink:

Blog Entries
    Oh...I hate that you had one of those days....I just hate when that happens, but that quilt sure is a great one! When I saw it, I thought..silhoettes(sp?)....what a GREAT idea! Hope things are going a little better today :thumbup:

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    I just hate those kinda days! Your quilt is great!

ooooh ouch I hope your hubby is as sweet as mine. When I had to recont what happened and shoe the camera and tripod he just looked and said "thats amazing" in a tone like I'd done a fabulous job breaking ^&&*(. I'm a lucky girl despite my foibles with technical stuff. I understand its just stuff in the end but I was so excited to have a need for my stupid expensive machine and I really enjy taking photos:(.

ooooh ouch I hope your hubby is as sweet as mine. When I had to recount what happened and show the camera and tripod he just looked and said "thats amazing" in a tone like I'd done a fabulous job breaking ^&&*(. I'm a lucky girl despite my foibles with technical stuff. I understand its just stuff in the end but I was so excited to have a need for my stupid expensive machine and I really enjoy taking photos:(.

Thank you everyone for the warm responses. Thanks to the lovely people at the Cotton Patch in Lafayette CA and their loner machine I'm able to keep to finish the project, and because mine broke i discovered their store and was introduced to a whole new quilt world,

Banned
    Blog Entries
    that is a cute quilt.

Sounds like the day I had recently when I took my dog to vet to have her nails clipped on the spur of the moment...went in to his office..she definitely was not happy with getting her nails clipped and in the process snapped the leg off of my expensive eye glasses and tore a strip of skin off one of my legs...I told the vet that was an expensive nail clipping...$20.00 for the clipping and $500.00 for a new pair of glasses....LOL

love it

Sounds like a normal day around my house. Your quilt is really cute. Hope your machine gets fixed or they give yo a new one.

My computer crashed also and I thought I was going to lose everything. My computer person put the hard drive in the freezer for an hour, it freed up some kind of arm that was preventing him from retreiving the files and he saved everything. I don't know how it worked like that but it may work for you also. It is worth a try to save all your files. Good luck if you try it.

First, I'm sorry you are having such a bad time at this. The quilt is beautiful, it will be all worth it in the end. Second, in my life the old adage is true...If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!

Your quilt is beautiful, but I would leave all electronics along if I was you. :-D :-D :-D :-D Seriously, we all have days ( or weeks like that) Great job on the quilt.

The quilt looks great!

And I know, there are days when it doesn't pay to get out of bed... :?

Hoping everything turns around for you :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2