Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Crazy Quilt Jackets >

Crazy Quilt Jackets

Crazy Quilt Jackets

Old 06-23-2011, 04:19 PM

Very impressive. How did you line it up to match on the fronts?[/quote]

You begin the sweatshirt by only cutting off the cuffs, collar and sleeve binding. Then you cut open the sides and sleeves. You will now be able to open up the sweatshirt and lay it flat on a table with the neck opening in the middle of the shirt. DO NOT CUT UP THE FRONT. You begin placing your fabric in the middle of the back and start piecing from there. Work around the initial 5 sided piece, all around. You will work down the back and up the back. When you get to the sleeves you work across the sleeves then up and around the shoulders and down the front. After the entire sweatshirt is pieced, you then cut up the middle of the front. It's not really matching the fronts, it's planning the placement of the fabrics so that when you cut up the front, you're cutting thru the layout of each piece. I know that probably doesn't make much sense. It's late and I can't take a photo right now as I've been up since 4am cause I had to coordinate a seminar for my company which was 80 miles away today. I'll try to take a photo over the weekend. I'm working on a red sweatshirt now. Thanks for the interest.
Camille