Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Designs by my DGS Joey >

Designs by my DGS Joey

Designs by my DGS Joey

Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 AM

That's one creative little guy. How many of these do you plan to make? :-o
Old 01-03-2011, 06:43 AM

What a talent! He could design one for me any time.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
My DGS Joey is 12. He has been fascinated with my EQ ever since I got it several years ago. He has played on it alot and we have talked about designs. He has been playing with the EQ and I am really impressed with his sense of color and contrast. He has a good sense of balance and proportion and symmetry.

Thought I would share some of the best of his designs. He has designed 163 quilts already!

Hope you enjoy looking at them. We may have a promising quilt designer!
OMG!!! WOW!!! Ausome Design's!!! He really has a great eye for design and is a very handsome young man. Darling little baby!!! :mrgreen: :thumbup: :XD:
Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 AM

WOW Have you ever tried making one of these??? Wouldn't he be excited if you surptised him one day??!!
Good luck, Kutnso
Old 01-03-2011, 09:19 AM

Promising quilter designer in deed! Way to go Joey! Some of these designs are mind boggling. It seems you have an inborn talent. Keep working with it.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:57 AM

Now you need to start him on one of the simpler patterns and show him how it looks in fabric. He could be the next John Flynn. Sorry John but the next generation is gaining on you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Jan
Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 AM

what a great little designer! I am even more impressed since I have never even figured out how to use my EQ6! Does he want to give lessons?
Old 01-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Oh Rhonda, this is so impressive. He is one talented designer. And with someone this young, they don't think about what or how it works, they just do it, and it turns out remarkable. Like the computer, us old people, if we try to think about how a computer actually works, we go nuts, but the kids just accept it and do it, and know more than we do. Keep him going, and maybe have him try to make something out of fabric now. Then ofcourse, we want to see it. And what is his full name so we can all say, we knew him when he was just a little kid. Now he a great designer. LOL
Old 01-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by klgreene
Oh Rhonda, this is so impressive. He is one talented designer. And with someone this young, they don't think about what or how it works, they just do it, and it turns out remarkable. Like the computer, us old people, if we try to think about how a computer actually works, we go nuts, but the kids just accept it and do it, and know more than we do. Keep him going, and maybe have him try to make something out of fabric now. Then ofcourse, we want to see it. And what is his full name so we can all say, we knew him when he was just a little kid. Now he a great designer. LOL
Thanks Katie. He has so many opportunities in front of him. He is really hooked on science and his dad is a chiro Dr and an EMT and paramedic. So we all think he would be great in Research which is one thing he has talked about. He is perpetually searching for new ideas and questiong things deeply. He wanted to know what color was God when he was young. He wanted to know at the age of 2 where do the colors in the fire go when the flames die down(he had been watching my furnace)
He is always supposing what if questions and his mom has had to say go look it up on the comp Joey!! LOL She would say it can't happen Joe but he would come back with but what if it could happen? He has a very active brain!! It takes alot to keep up with him!!LOL
Old 01-03-2011, 12:26 PM

It sure sounds like it. Right now I could use his daddy. My chiro just had a double by-pass, so not sure when he'll be back at work. Joey sounds like he could be a handful. A good handful, but he is going places, I can see that.