Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
DH made pilowcases! >

DH made pilowcases!

DH made pilowcases!

Old 02-16-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
That's great! Soon y'all will be sharing fabric!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
He will have to buy his own, :lol:
Old 02-16-2010, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrazygirl
Lovely!! is that a babylock quilters choice???
Yes it is!! It is my very first sewing machine and he can use it because he is the one that said,"JUST BUY IT" :mrgreen:
Old 02-16-2010, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Margie
Great job... tell him it would be good to get you another machine so you could sew TOGETHER. Your children are darling.

Margie
Thank you! That's what I said to him when we were in there together, I was cutting my stuff and he was sewing so I said now I need another machine!! he just smiled!
He already mentioned that next I need a long arm :shock: :shock: I barely got started with a machine so I told him it will be a while. But I did enjoy having him in there with me :D
Old 02-16-2010, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
I am proud of your DH. Way to go for getting him to use your machine. As someone said earlier, you may need to get a 2nd machine so you can sew together. My DH will help me as long as it is not hard stuff. He's great at cutting. Get him involved. It is fun to work together. Thank You for sharing.

Thats so nice that your DH lends a hand! My DH seems to think that he needs to BREAK IN my machine, he is trying to use the alpha stitches but they didn't look right so he changed his mind. We will have to figure that one out yet
Old 02-16-2010, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

He did a great job !!! Always good to see a man sewing.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 AM

My Dh wouldn't know the first thing about sewing. I don't think he could even sew on a button. Now DS's can sew stuff back together, They could use my old machine but not gettin near my new baby.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by STAR
Originally Posted by Margie
Great job... tell him it would be good to get you another machine so you could sew TOGETHER. Your children are darling.

Margie
Thank you! That's what I said to him when we were in there together, I was cutting my stuff and he was sewing so I said now I need another machine!! he just smiled!
He already mentioned that next I need a long arm :shock: :shock: I barely got started with a machine so I told him it will be a while. But I did enjoy having him in there with me :D
Apparently, your DH is very aware of your pleasure and talent and is desirous to help you be the best you can be! There is a quilter named John Flynn, who started quilting because after he had watched his wife make a few quilts, he thought: I think I could do that better!
I am not saying that is exactly what your DH is thinking, but I am suggesting that he is seeing something in you in regards to the quilting/sewing that he likes and he is doing and saying everything he can think to do in order to encourage you and understand what you are doing and trying to accomplish.
It makes for a special relationship and some amazing partnership work between you two. By all means, help him fulfill himself by allowing him to help you! (I don't know how to articulate it any other way ... ) <wave>
Old 02-16-2010, 07:52 AM

How SUPER!!! He did a wonderful job.. nice example for the kidlets too.. shows them that everyone can (and should be able to) sew !! Kudos to the Hubby.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:40 AM

please tell dh i like blue. :lol: :lol: so does terri. :P
Old 02-16-2010, 12:13 PM

I did tell him that I am worried that he will pick up quilting and then probably do way better than me,LOL

Butterflywing- I will let him know