Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Do you know the name of any of these blocks? >

Do you know the name of any of these blocks?

Do you know the name of any of these blocks?

Old 07-28-2008, 12:50 PM
bj

Originally Posted by Sandi in NE PA
I looked the blocks up on my EQ5.

The missing third row one is: Old Maid's Puzzle
The last row, first one is: Summer Winds

Sandi in NE PA
I had wondered about the Old Maid's Puzzle, but in my book the center is different...it has an hour glass block instead of the framed square, but the outer round is the same. Summer winds isn't in my book. :)
Old 07-28-2008, 01:12 PM

Thank you all so much!
I knew someone would know. Everyone is always so helpful and it is great having someone to ask! This forum is a great resource and I learn so much from all of you. I did finally take my first "real" class on needle turn applique-another new method to try and master. It was FUN!

quilter 1234- we are voting next month for what charity to support next-we finished with the local flood victims-we have several quild members that want on the list with you :D :D :D This quilt might be used for an "in house" auction to raise $$$ for batting. We need more batting and don't have money to buy it. Being so new, we haven't rasied money yet.
We have a chance in August-working at a beer garden at a local festival. :wink:

There are a couple charities that we are considering: the Sheriff's Dept. (when they have to remove children from drug houses, etc.) and also a local shelter for abused women/children. We may end up supporting more than one. :lol:
Old 07-29-2008, 12:55 PM

our group sends quilts to a women's shelter. We make both child and adult size quilts. Each member is asked to donate at least 2 and that is pretty easy for most members. We have a lot of people who donate material to our group.
Recently we had a member pass away and her husband gave a lot of her supplies to the group for resale to members, then we put the money in the kitty for batting and backing material. It was very helpful.
Also we usually eat lunch together, we all chip in $5 and buy pizza, there is always extra money (we use lots of coupons)and that goes in our kitty too. Nobody misses the extra $1 or so.
Good luck... it is fun to share our quilts with those that need them. Quilter1234