Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Dog Bandana Quilt >

Dog Bandana Quilt

Dog Bandana Quilt

Old 05-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Very thoughtful and creative of you to do this for Roberta. I'm sure it will give her comfort. Losing a pet or giving one up is hard. She is not only moving and giving up her home, she is also losing her best friend. Give her a big hug from me!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:36 AM

Great idea! What a wonderful gift!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:53 AM

What an incredibly touching thing to do to show how much you care. My heart goes out to Roberta. As I sit here trying to type one handed because one of my dogs is cuddled up on my chest... I can only imagine how difficult this life change is for your friend. You are very sweet to have created this quilt.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:49 PM

Thanks everyone. Roberta moved to her "adult care" facility last Thursday.... she took the quilt with her. She still hears Ebonys' bark.... Roberta says this is a new chapter in her life. I'm going to try to remember this for my later years. If I could have half the wisdom and grace!!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:52 PM

Such a thoughtful gift. I am sure she will really appreciate it. Question-is someone able to keep her dog for her? If so and it's well behaved they might be allowed to take her dog in to visit her on a regular basis? Just a thought.

Kat
Old 06-21-2011, 06:59 PM

Roberta's aging Ebony had many health issues and was "hanging on" for Robertas' company. Monday last week, Ebony fell asleep in my arms for the last time. Thank you all for your wishes. Very peaceful passing for her..... me, well, not so much.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:04 PM

I love it!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:04 PM

That was so sweet of you do for your friend. Our 4 legged babies are as much a part of our lives as our 2 legged. I hope Ebony finds a loving home.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:54 PM
RDM

What a cute idea using her dogs bandana and you are a caring friend to think of it. How heartbreaking for your friend that she and her cocker spaniel must be seperated. I hope he's found a loving home.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by coachmatthewsvhs
Roberta's aging Ebony had many health issues and was "hanging on" for Robertas' company. Monday last week, Ebony fell asleep in my arms for the last time. Thank you all for your wishes. Very peaceful passing for her..... me, well, not so much.
Oh Coach! That is very sad. We had a kitty that hid her illness and hung on just to be around us like that, then she gave in and passed away over night. I made a quilt in her memory too and donated it to our vet's Spay a Stray raffle. I am glad that Ebony's passing was peaceful. What a difficult experience for poor you though. It is very self-less and loving that you did this for your friend Roberta. You must be a real blessing to her.