Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: A Dog and His Quilt.....

Here's a picture of our Dog, Rocket, and a little quilt I made for him. He had just come home from the vet after "the operation" and found comfort in his little quilt and his toy. It was short-lived, because after a couple of weeks, he had managed to chew it to shreds, but because he's so cute I've forgiven him. After all, he was a puppy then......lol.....but I'm still not making him another quilt! :)

He's full grown now (a year and a half) and here he is on the beach close to our home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rocket is sew cute, love the colors in his quilt. Great job!

Rocket is soooo handsome. I think I'd forgive him for anything he chewed up. :lol:

What a cute dog! His quilt was cute too!

What a handsome boy!
    MAKE HIM ANOTHER QUILT!!!

haha! I want to make him another quilt......but my better judgement says he'll eat it! So many stuffed toys have gone the same route.(including the little lamb in the pic).....I don't know what to doooooooo!!!!Maybe I'll start him out small with a quilt block, and gradually build it up! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NancyJean
    haha! I want to make him another quilt......but my better judgement says he'll eat it! So many stuffed toys have gone the same route.(including the little lamb in the pic).....I don't know what to doooooooo!!!!Maybe I'll start him out small with a quilt block, and gradually build it up! LOL
    What about a quilted neckerchief?

I made him a little one with puppy paws on it. It's not quilted, though...I'll take a pic of him with the scarf and post it so you can see. He's quite dashing when he's dressed up! LOL

He looks much happier in the second picture, thatwas a cute quilt, do you think he was taking revenge :twisted: :wink:

Maybe so, Ruth....lol.....but he still loves to go to the vet, and I think that's who he should have issues with!

How Cute Is Rocket? VERY, VERY CUTE.

Blog Entries
    I love your dog, he looks so loyal and loving and ready for a good long walk! I'm sure his teeth just "slipped" when he chewed up that quilt :roll:
    Poor baby deserves a second chance!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt, I am sure that the only reason he chewed it up was because he was still under the influence after his surgery :roll: awww mom, give him another chance.......

Great looking dog and quilt! I think he deserves a second chance too. You are going to be out numbered!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    I love your dog, he looks so loyal and loving and ready for a good long walk! I'm sure his teeth just "slipped" when he chewed up that quilt :roll:
    Poor baby deserves a second chance!
    Beautiful quilt, I am sure that the only reason he chewed it up was because he was still under the influence after his surgery awww mom, give him another chance.......
    Yes, make him another!
    And I think you are going to be outnumbered. I'm a CAT person and even I think he needs another quilt.
    Maybe I'll just take some of my animal fabric and make one for him. Then I'm sure he will love his Auntie Terri much more than his mommy.
    hehehehe

You girls are definitely doggie lovers! FINE!!! I'll make him another quilt....just as soon as I finish the one I'm making now. He's kind of got a smug look on his face just now....... :D

Quote Originally Posted by NancyJean
    You girls are definitely doggie lovers! FINE!!! I'll make him another quilt....just as soon as I finish the one I'm making now. He's kind of got a smug look on his face just now....... :D
    What? You mean you haven't gotten it finished yet?
    PUT DOWN EVERYTHING YOU ARE WORKING ON AND MAKE HIS QUILT!!!!

Come on, give the pooch a break. After all, how would you feel after being "fixed"? I love my Max to pieces, but believe me he does worse and I've had some people tell me I should get rid of him. He had been abused and developed a bad habit before I got him, but at his age I know no one else would adopt him. You know what happens then. Otherwise he is a wonderful companion and the cleaning up is easier to deal with than with the guilt I would feel getting rid of him.

Come on, give the pooch a break. After all, how would you feel after being "fixed"? I love my Max to pieces, but believe me he does worse and I've had some people tell me I should get rid of him. He had been abused and developed a bad habit before I got him, but at his age I know no one else would adopt him. You know what happens then. Otherwise he is a wonderful companion and the cleaning up is easier to deal with than with the guilt I would feel getting rid of him.

I know, they are beautiful companions, and we learn to live with their little "shortcomings". Rocket doesn't have very many. His only vices are chewing his own toys/blankets and sometimes a good "dig" in the backyard. Other than that he is the perfect dog! He's sweet and has a lovely disposition, never barks, listens attentively when we speak to him, is obedient, doesn't mess in the house and always looks like he's smiling! We are so lucky to have him!

Blog Entries
    I can just picture his grin now....lucky dog! :D

YEAH ROCKET, you get a new 'chew quilt'!!!! Sorry NancyJean, I couldn't resist. You are a great mommy!!