Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
a doll for a very sick child, and her friend.  She has a parallel quilted skirt >

a doll for a very sick child, and her friend. She has a parallel quilted skirt

a doll for a very sick child, and her friend. She has a parallel quilted skirt

Old 05-06-2012, 12:01 PM

sorry for the frown.....I'm really a happy person. Guess my mouth got tired. ggl
Old 05-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Such a wonderful thing you are doing. Such sad stories of terribly sick children. The dolls are wonderful and you have done a marvelous job.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:34 PM

Thanks Ruthie. I heard that 300 children a day get a mass in their head. SO SAD.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:18 PM

I tried to send an email... do let me know if you got it. I love your dolls.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:29 PM

just got a request for a child who got severe burns (a boy) please to the person that sent the PM, call me tonight if you are able.

thanks you

Vickey Stamps
Old 05-06-2012, 08:31 PM

meant to say...got a request for one of the boy dolls, for a child.....etc
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

cute dolls. great job
Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Those are totally adorable!
God bless you for making them!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

Hi Vickey, Sent you an email but.my computer crashed so don't know if you received it or not. Loved seeing a doll with a dress made from some of the fabric I had sent. Showed my husband and he said,"When are you going to send more". Hope you are well and again God bless you for doing this. BrendaK
Old 05-09-2012, 10:45 AM

Hi Brenda

Thought I had answered the letter, but with the computer crashing, you may not have gotten it. I can't recall specific fabric and connect with who sent what, as i have to put it all together and cut, sew etc. Wish I knew which doll it was. I am thrilled that you were able to remember and see the doll wearing it. There have been and will be many others going out to these kids that you have been/will be a part of. I don't know how I'd have done as much as I have without help from good people like you. The postage has gone up tremenously, but thanks to help in that direction, the dolls still go out. They'll always go out, but maybe be more delayed with todays rates. I have to buy the box for mailing due to their size. Last one was over $21 dollars. I KNOW THAT IS HARD TO BELIEVE. Seems to be related to being size and distance. Don't misunderstand...am not asking for money. Still have enough to mail out 3 more dolls and will take out of our income what is needed when that runs out. Just say prayers that the Lord will keep providing as help becomes needed. The largest need right now is skin colored fabric in a minimum of 3/4 yard incraments for each body. Girls are 24 inches high and boys are 28 inches high...that and white for nightgowns in 1 and 1/2 yard increments, or a stain free sheet makes nice nightgowns. Nice to hear from you and hope this note made sense. I appreciate your husbands attitude. He seemed to know how important these dolls (hopefully) will be as a 'friend' to a child.

FREE Quilting Newsletter