Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: Dollhouse quilt, new photos page 3

  1. #1
    Super Member SaraSewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    AZ/Utah border
    Posts
    2,390
    My friend has an adorable doll house that she made herself, including all the furniture. I surprised her with a quilt for her birthday yesterday, and I guessed perfectly on the correct size! It used the Boston Blocks method shown here by Rhonda. Each block is 1" square.

    6X7"
    Name:  Attachment-43203.jpe
Views: 42
Size:  146.6 KB

    That wooden pillow may be too hard for some.
    Name:  Attachment-43204.jpe
Views: 41
Size:  40.4 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member Katrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,815
    Beautiful tiny quilt - I bet your friend with absolutely thrilled with it!

  3. #3
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,759
    That is too cute. That pillow leaves a lot to be desired though.

  4. #4
    Super Member Scissor Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwest Kansas
    Posts
    4,829
    I have a friend that builds dollhouses and reupholsters furniture and dresses beds. She does some pretty awesome work. www.debsminis.com She doesn't make quilts for the beds but she does make tiny pillows and does silk ribbon embroidery on them.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    eastern NC
    Posts
    1,224
    THAT IS SOOOOOO CUTE.....
    YOU ARE A GOOOOOD FRIEND !!!!!
    bopeep

  6. #6
    Super Member wvdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A million dollar view!
    Posts
    8,889
    That is so cute!

  7. #7
    Super Member SaraSewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    AZ/Utah border
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    I have a friend that builds dollhouses and reupholsters furniture and dresses beds. She does some pretty awesome work. www.debsminis.com She doesn't make quilts for the beds but she does make tiny pillows and does silk ribbon embroidery on them.
    I just gave my friend this site. Thanx

  8. #8
    Suz
    Suz is offline
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    1,365
    Sara, If you want, you can surprise her again. And if you want, I would like to braid a miniature rug for the doll house. What do you think? Suz

  9. #9
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    That is soooo cute. What a great addition to the doll house.
    I'm sure your friend was very greatful. :thumbup:

  10. #10
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    I have a dollhouse too, and I make my pillows. I fill them (not overfull) with salt, just enough so that you can make a dent in them to look as if someone has put their head in the middle. Your quilt looks great on that bed.

  11. #11
    Super Member raptureready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,282
    What??? No matching pillow case????
    Just kidding, that's really cute. Your friend should feel really proud to have a real quilt in her doll house.

  12. #12
    Super Member raptureready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I have a dollhouse too, and I make my pillows. I fill them (not overfull) with salt, just enough so that you can make a dent in them to look as if someone has put their head in the middle. Your quilt looks great on that bed.
    Doesn't the salt deteriorate the fabric? I love the indentation idea though.

  13. #13
    Super Member Tink's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,692
    I think that pillow needs a pillowcase! Lovely quilt.....

  14. #14
    Super Member katier825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,160
    Blog Entries
    3
    Adorable!

  15. #15
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,853
    Blog Entries
    20
    Absolutely adorable. What a nice friend you are. I'm not sure how you managed working with such tiny pieces.

  16. #16
    paintedquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,702
    Very, very nice :-P

  17. #17
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    s.cal
    Posts
    2,071
    Blog Entries
    1
    very cute

  18. #18
    Super Member SaraSewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    AZ/Utah border
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Suz
    Sara, If you want, you can surprise her again. And if you want, I would like to braid a miniature rug for the doll house. What do you think? Suz
    I PM'd you.

  19. #19
    Super Member SaraSewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    AZ/Utah border
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Absolutely adorable. What a nice friend you are. I'm not sure how you managed working with such tiny pieces.
    It was actually much easier than I had imagined! (Thanx to Rhonda!)

  20. #20
    Super Member jdavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Western NYS
    Posts
    3,329
    Awe! that's darling!

  21. #21
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,088
    Blog Entries
    1
    That is adorable!!! It looks perfect on the bed :D:D:D

  22. #22
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    51
    Sara that turned out really well!! Well done!! I am sure your friend will love the work you put into it!! Be careful thost Bostons can be addictive!! LOL Now you could use them in a long row and make a mini table runner for the table in her doll house!! Check out the bookmark directions for that.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    how cute is that :-D

  24. #24
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    What an adorable little quilt!!!

  25. #25
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I have a dollhouse too, and I make my pillows. I fill them (not overfull) with salt, just enough so that you can make a dent in them to look as if someone has put their head in the middle. Your quilt looks great on that bed.
    Doesn't the salt deteriorate the fabric? I love the indentation idea though.
    I made my pillowcase from fine white linen, and it's about 10 years old and seems OK so far. You could perhaps try fine sand instead, but not sugar, that would attract bugs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.