Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Easter/Spring projects!

  1. #1
    Super Member Mamagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland Canada
    Posts
    1,701
    Hi! Here are a few new things for my house this season!

    If you have some you'd like to show off, post them here!

    Table topper and Floral arrangement... I'll take the pink and purple out after Easter and have a regular bouquet!
    Name:  Attachment-39841.jpe
Views: 774
Size:  46.8 KB

    Mantel scarf (Lois Fletcher design). Happy with the FMQ on this one.
    Name:  Attachment-39842.jpe
Views: 729
Size:  33.7 KB

    Spring wall hanging waiting for its hanging sleeve.
    Name:  Attachment-39843.jpe
Views: 719
Size:  85.0 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member clem55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Posts
    6,201
    Blog Entries
    6
    those are all really nice! You do good work.

  3. #3
    paintedquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,702
    Your work is beautiful :!:

  4. #4
    Super Member ScubaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Puget Sound, Wa. State
    Posts
    2,176
    I like all of them but the mantle scarf is my favorite!
    Kirsten

  5. #5
    Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The middle of an IL cornfield
    Posts
    7,024
    Blog Entries
    1
    Very pretty projects.

  6. #6
    Marjpf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    1,915
    Wonderful - so cheerful. I've been thinking of doing a mantle scarf. Did you use a pattern?

  7. #7
    Super Member belmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,874
    absolutely gorgious, Do you have a pattern for the easter egg quilt?

  8. #8
    Moderator kathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the Texas Coast
    Posts
    4,050
    really cute! did you paint the vase on you mantle? I have a few things I've painted, one stroke, looks like you're pretty good at it.

  9. #9
    Super Member Mamagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland Canada
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjpf
    Wonderful - so cheerful. I've been thinking of doing a mantle scarf. Did you use a pattern?
    It was in a book by Lois Fletcher. The crocuses are paper pieced to make a 3.5" block. Triangles added to make it on point and then the set in triangles added. Make the shelf part to fit your own mantle.

    It was sewn and turned so there was no binding... a very quick project.

  10. #10
    Super Member Mamagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland Canada
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by belmer
    absolutely gorgious, Do you have a pattern for the easter egg quilt?
    Do you get the Connecting Threads catalogue? This one was pictured in the catalogue and made a 60" quilt. Mine is a little over 2 feet square I think. I used 1.5" strips in a five strip
    strip set. Cut them to 3.5X5.5 and add 1.5" white squares to the corners. Add 1.5" white strip to the sides to make a 5.5" block. Alternate blocks and you're done!

  11. #11
    Super Member Mamagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland Canada
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    really cute! did you paint the vase on you mantle? I have a few things I've painted, one stroke, looks like you're pretty good at it.
    I am pitiful at one stroke, but I love it. I tried and tried and then found out that I was using ceramacoat and should have been using the thicker plaid paints!!

    The vase was a gift from one of my Kindergarten students about 10 years ago. It has survived packing and unpacking each year!

  12. #12
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Very pretty!

  13. #13
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    What cute quilts. Great job on all.

  14. #14
    Super Member Margie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Murrysville, PA
    Posts
    3,010
    great projects...love the wall hanging....TRA LAAAAAA SPRING...soooooo sick of winter.

    Margie

  15. #15
    Senior Member Luv2sew4fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    342
    This is my favorite Easter Table Runner…. I bought this kit last year from connecting treads. It’s sooo cute!
    Attached Images Attached Images



  16. #16
    Super Member Sheila Elaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Crossville, Alabama
    Posts
    3,422
    Ditto, ditto, ditto...........Lovely.

  17. #17
    Super Member belmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,874
    Thankyou so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamagus
    Quote Originally Posted by belmer
    absolutely gorgious, Do you have a pattern for the easter egg quilt?
    Do you get the Connecting Threads catalogue? This one was pictured in the catalogue and made a 60" quilt. Mine is a little over 2 feet square I think. I used 1.5" strips in a five strip
    strip set. Cut them to 3.5X5.5 and add 1.5" white squares to the corners. Add 1.5" white strip to the sides to make a 5.5" block. Alternate blocks and you're done!

  18. #18
    Power Poster oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    10,228
    Blog Entries
    1
    These all look great!

  19. #19
    Senior Member sewsue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    567
    That is so spring and cute.

  20. #20
    Super Member rootyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Selkirk, NY
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gotta love those chocolate bunnies! Very nice.

  21. #21
    Super Member Deecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,658
    Love them all. Mantle scarf - what a great idea.

  22. #22
    BMP
    BMP is offline
    Super Member BMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,504
    Blog Entries
    4
    I liked your egg table topper so much I went out and bought fabric to make one for myself, probably have enough to make a few !!!

  23. #23
    Super Member sewingsuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,897
    all of these are really nice. I love the mantal one.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

  24. #24
    Super Member quiltymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Springfield, Mich(Battle Creek)
    Posts
    3,243
    Blog Entries
    1
    There all sew cute!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

  25. #25
    BMP
    BMP is offline
    Super Member BMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,504
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamagus View Post
    Hi! Here are a few new things for my house this season!

    If you have some you'd like to show off, post them here!

    Table topper and Floral arrangement... I'll take the pink and purple out after Easter and have a regular bouquet!
    Name:  Attachment-39841.jpe
Views: 774
Size:  46.8 KB

    Mantel scarf (Lois Fletcher design). Happy with the FMQ on this one.
    Name:  Attachment-39842.jpe
Views: 729
Size:  33.7 KB

    Spring wall hanging waiting for its hanging sleeve.
    Name:  Attachment-39843.jpe
Views: 719
Size:  85.0 KB

    I made your table topper this past weekend, working on another for my sister.They are just too cute !! Thanks for giving your instructions it was easy..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.