Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat, drink, and be crabby? Must be Maxine!

Quote Originally Posted by jewelps
    I would love to have some of that material to make a wall hanging for the office or work place
    Oh, how I could use this for something for in work! The closer I get to sixty, the more I appreciate her humor, Heaven help me!

Quote Originally Posted by QBeth
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelps
    I would love to have some of that material to make a wall hanging for the office or work place
    Oh, how I could use this for something for in work! The closer I get to sixty, the more I appreciate her humor, Heaven help me!
    make a wall hanging in your sewing room or make them for the office and sell them

south east ND. 60 miles from MN and 25 from SD
    I would use it; there's some people in my family who would think it was hilarious and others that wouldn't. And I think a tote or wall pangings would be great. Or even cut and put in small picture frames or those magnetic frames that come in 4"X6" sizes, would be cute on the frig. Of course, it's ahrd by looking at the sample just how big each is.

it's okay i wouldn't buy it. it would be great for specific projects like totes and wall hangings but really how many ppl are going to be doing that? can't see it being a HUGE seller. Just my 2 cents though

Blog Entries
    love her have a few friends that this will fit just fine not my style but definitly theres to funny

Quote Originally Posted by tigger5464
    Somehow it seems that Maxine has the sentiments that most think but are afraid to give their voice to. My mother, sister in law and I all love her sarcasm, but we didn't have a lot of that at our house growing up...so I can understand where others come from on that point. Thank you for posting this.
    The statement is so true. My sister would love a quilt from it or a pillowcase.

Banned
    I love Maxine!! I definitely would buy the fabric. When is it coming out?

From Baltimore, currently live in Charlotte, NC
    Love her. Would buy the fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisanne
    Maxine is hilarious, but I wouldn't want her on a quilt. I'd buy some of those on a T-shirt, though.
    You could get the panel and then applique on t-shirts or anything else you wanted.... :D

slowly going forward cuz' I can't find reverse
    I love the blah blah fabric for backing. My GD is at the babbling stage so I tease her and tell her all you say is blah blah blah.....pretty soon she's going to be saying that to her mommy and daddy.

Blog Entries
    I love that fabric. She is so funny and says what we have all thought at one time or another. My son also says "blah blah blah" all the time...part of a family joke, so that fabric is perfect.

Do you have this in stock yet???? :D

Blog Entries
    I would have to make a set of flash cards and carry them aroung to flash anyone who offends me. HA! a card for every occasion.lol

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I love her. I can see a tote made of this fabric. As you get older you appreciate her more.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    The manufacturer says the Maxine fabrics will be shipping to stores in May. It's pretty common for fabrics to be up to a month late, though.

One of my co-workers also is a lunch lady in an elementary school. She plans on making a vest out of the "blah blah" fabric, to wear in the cafeteria!

Do you know when this fabric will be available?

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    It should be available in May; possibly June, if the maker is running late. Kaufman is usually pretty good about being on time.

Love Maxine.

pal
    Great for those rice heating bags, Covers for hot water bottles. I think they'd make cute sewing room curtains and machine covers.

My name is Maxine & I may have to make myself a quilt with those fabrics! I want to be like her when I "grow up"!

Maxine

Maxine is one of my favorite characters, she says what some other people think, but don't say; she is 'real', down to earth and a HOOT! I think this will be a hit! I collect cartoons or her and when I need a laugh, I get them all out and soon, I'm giggling...

YES ! YES ! I love her ! I have a email friend from AL. that sends me everything on her - then last year my mom started lookin' like her - yikes-the glasses, the hat. LOL
    The fabric is on my WIST LIST

OMG!!! I would definetly buy that fabric even if I have to starve for a week or two. I just love Maxine and I would make a lap quilt and some wall hangings for some friends of mine. Well, since it won't be out until May/June I can start saving now so I can buy a bolt of a few of the fabrics.

Maxine...depends on the person. I always thought she was funny until I took a class on Geriatrics in college. The professor used that comic as an example of "ageism", which is akin to racism. We make fun of the challenges of growing older in our society and by doing that, we become more immune to the insults and downgrading of people. Many older people start to feel invisible, and I think this sort of thing leads to that. For many people, this is probably overthinking a "funny" comic strip, but we can all think back to some of the old comics that portrayed African-American or Native Americans in a less than flattering light, with the intent of being "funny". If we saw them now, we'd be appalled.

So, I won't be buying any Maxine...even though I chuckle when one is put in front of me...I still work hard to train my mind about the long-term effects of this sort of humor.

Blog Entries
    i love maxine but not sure i would ever use the fabric..hmm somthing to ponder-thanks for sharing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast