Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Eclectic Collections... >

Eclectic Collections...

Eclectic Collections...

Old 01-22-2010, 01:06 PM
dsj

maybe you need to sit down with a cup of something warm some of your quilting books or magazines or watch how to piece an american quilt, or for Richer for Poorer with Tim Allen and Kirste Allie, that movie is a hoot. I get inspired that way, at least motivated. Or go to quilterscache.com and check out all the patterns they have. What about applique? You can get really creative with those. I will be interested to know what you decide on.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 PM

Thank you to all who've commented or given words of encouragement. It's nice to know that so many people share the love of the same thing. Kindred spirits, is that what it's called???
Old 01-22-2010, 09:37 PM

I get inspired that way, at least motivated. Or go to quilterscache.com and check out all the patterns they have. What about applique? You can get really creative with those. I will be interested to know what you decide on.[/quote]

Well, I got the phone call today that the husband is coming home or supposed to be on Sunday, which leaves me part of tomorrow and some of Sunday to whip this place into shape, as the Boys get lax when Daddy's not home. :shock:

Still trying to find the new pics I took- I know it's on the computer somewhere. Now where in the world did I put that? :?

Bella playing fabric holder... This quilt has been brewing for about 4 years.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67528[/ATTACH]

Bella, Official Quilt Tester Deer & More Deer quilt I did for my Tony
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67594[/ATTACH]

My Most Recent UFO- Binding? UGH!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67596[/ATTACH]

Roses All Around- Completed Project.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67677[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-67523.jpe   attachment-67589.jpe   attachment-67591.jpe   attachment-67672.jpe  
Old 01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
dsj

Kindred spirits, is right. Beautiful Bounty is really cute. I love medallion quilts anyway. I believe your little dog has given his approval also.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by dsj
Kindred spirits, is right. Beautiful Bounty is really cute. I love medallion quilts anyway. I believe your little dog has given his approval also.
Daphne,
Yes, my "little" dog Bella has given her approval- she's great when it comes to helping out like that.... ;)

Tony came home on Sunday afternoon. He cut me 3 different sets of fabric for some baby quilts. I already sewed together one- the unisex flannel one I talked about. I will have to take a pic and show ya' all. Now, I have the neighbor having a baby, my daughter's friend, and the friend's sister. (Baby Noah is getting a sibling and a cousin!) :XD: 8-) 8-)
Old 01-28-2010, 08:51 PM
dsj

Are you making baby Noah a quilt? Enjoy your time with your hubby it's fun when they get involved with your projects. Mine will help me every now and then. We work together pretty well most of the time. Can't wait to see your projects.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 PM
dsj

I really like the lighthouse blocks too.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by dsj
Are you making baby Noah a quilt? Enjoy your time with your hubby it's fun when they get involved with your projects. Mine will help me every now and then. We work together pretty well most of the time. Can't wait to see your projects.
Noah already has one- I think his is the very first picture I posted. I want to make a surprise one, ya know, unisex or no preknowledge of stuff but I have found it's kinda of challenging to try that. I'll have to post the one I've put together for my neighbor.

I have to enjoy my time w/ Tony- I never know how long he'll be home for, except on his vacation and that's barring him being on a job somewhere before it. :evil:
Old 02-06-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by dsj
I really like the lighthouse blocks too.
THIS quilt has been my thorn in my side for a long time now. I collected the various sea/ nautical/ lighthouse fabrics for like 3 years before I even started making it and I've been working on it for about 3 or 4 now! I hope to finish it before our beach vacation in August. This year we're going to the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Last year was Edisto Island, SC. So many lighthouses, so little time......

Dylan next to Milwaukee Pierhead, with other??? in the background.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25312[/ATTACH]

North Point Lighthouse, can't remember if it's MI or WI
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25313[/ATTACH]

Calumet Harbor Light Tower (yes, still a lighthouse)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25460[/ATTACH]

Fenwick Island Lighthouse, Delaware, right next to Ocean City, MD
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25462[/ATTACH]

looks Like a Real One? Fake one! Rusty Rudder Restaurant near Rehobeth, NJ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25463[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-25312.jpe   attachment-25313.jpe   attachment-25460.jpe   attachment-25462.jpe   attachment-25463.jpe  

Old 02-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Wow....what a portfolio of quilts! I have to admit though that the dinosaur quilt with that cute big smiling boy has to be my favorite. They all look great to me though and obviously it gives you a lot of pleasure to share your awesome talent with friends and family. Yup...that makes you a kindred spirit! :lol: Thanks for sharing them with us!