Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ design - comments please...

OMG IT IS BEAUTIFUL PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON PROGRESS

So gorgeous and unique !! Wow !

jme
    Okay so my honest first response was OOOHH. The good ooh of course, I love it!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sinceresissy
    I still like the first version better than any of the others. It seems more delicate and rich. Some of the other versions are shouting and loud. Is it confusing to get all these opinions? I am not a designer so I am just reflecting a quick look opinion.
    Not confusing at all - I read them all and take them on board but then go with my own instinct! :lol: But it does clarify my thinking to read all your thoughts. I do take your point but I think that with my fabric choices (especially the pinky grey focus fabric that Gai was asking about) along with the ideas in my head for the applique, it will work out good. You be sure to let me know when you see the finished version! And be honest - I don't ask for opinions to only hear 'yes-men', or women! :lol:

that is so pretty i just can't wait the colors and the pattern is wonderfull please keep us posted

The ideas I have in my head when I am thinking about making a quilt don't usually turn out that way in the quilt. I have a long way to go to in this learning process. I am waiting with baited breath to see how it goes. I'm sure it will be fab no matter what.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thank you both. Once I start it, I'll post my progress so you can all cheer me on - and nag me! LOL

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Thank you both. Once I start it, I'll post my progress so you can all cheer me on - and nag me! LOL
    Us???!!! Nag???!!!! Now why would you think we would do something like that? :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    Us???!!! Nag???!!!! Now why would you think we would do something like that? :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    ermmmmm... past experience? :mrgreen: :lol:

Your design is beautiful--beyond mere mortal words. I have a couple of questions for you. Would you email me please. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Love the fabrics you chose, waiting patiently for udate!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eastermarie
    Your design is beautiful--beyond mere mortal words. I have a couple of questions for you. Would you email me please. Thank you.
    I'll do it now. Thanks for your kind words. :-D

And to the other 'encouragers' - fabric is washed and pressed and I'm ready to roll. I will be working this up as a pattern as I go but it will be a while before it's ready to buy so please bear with me. :-D Feel free to keep nagging me to get mine done though! :mrgreen: :lol:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Feel free to keep nagging me to get mine done though! :mrgreen: :lol:

Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?
    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Feel free to keep nagging me to get mine done though! :mrgreen: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lovely.

Lovely colors! You need one more for 13, then you can call it Fandango 13! I'd go a slightly lighter shade of purple for the medallion problem. Both designs are great, how can you go wrong?

It's beautiful.

k3n
    Blog Entries

NO!!!!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BevF
    Lovely colors! You need one more for 13, then you can call it Fandango 13! I'd go a slightly lighter shade of purple for the medallion problem. Both designs are great, how can you go wrong?
    Thank you! I didn't post every single variation on here, but the final one I put up on page 13 was the 13th version in my EQ. :D My fabrics are bought washed and pressed - there's a photo of them on page 16. I'm dying to get on with this but haven't sewn a stitch in the last few days at all as we've had a friend staying here whilst her rental house became available. She's moving out today so hopefully next week, I can get some work done! Guests are great but I'm always happy when they leave! Mean, ain't I?! :twisted: :lol:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Guests are great but I'm always happy when they leave! Mean, ain't I?! :twisted: :lol:

My grandmother was fond of saying "Fish and company stink after 3 days".
    :mrgreen:

Thank you! I didn't post every single variation on here, but the final one I put up on page 13 was the 13th version in my EQ. :D My fabrics are bought washed and pressed - there's a photo of them on page 16. I'm dying to get on with this but haven't sewn a stitch in the last few days at all as we've had a friend staying here whilst her rental house became available. She's moving out today so hopefully next week, I can get some work done! Guests are great but I'm always happy when they leave! Mean, ain't I?! :twisted: :lol:
    That's why I teased with one more fabric. 13th version on page 13, 13 fabrics, Fandango 13.... I understand with friends/relatives staying and overstaying their welcome. I hope I don't fall into that category when I go to visit. I'll try to keep up with your progress. One step at a time, one day at a time, you will get it done on time. :)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Add the 13th!

Pam M

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I was walking the dog with Hans at the weekend and I suddenly said 'doh, I just realised what that lady meant about the 13th thingy - she meant add a 13th fabric'! :lol: And I will - the backing! :mrgreen:

And no it is not done yet Miss Impatient Knickers, but now I've got rid of stinky fish-face, I can get on with it! :lol: (Just kidding, I love her really! :D )

Blog Entries
    A super quilt! Can't wait for your choices of fabric - if not those shown.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast