Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 313

Thread: EQ design - comments please...

  1. #251
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Richmond Missouri
    Posts
    106
    OMG IT IS BEAUTIFUL PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON PROGRESS

  2. #252
    Super Member tutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,711
    So gorgeous and unique !! Wow !

  3. #253
    jme
    jme is offline
    Senior Member jme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    806
    Okay so my honest first response was OOOHH. The good ooh of course, I love it!

  4. #254
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sinceresissy
    I still like the first version better than any of the others. It seems more delicate and rich. Some of the other versions are shouting and loud. Is it confusing to get all these opinions? I am not a designer so I am just reflecting a quick look opinion.
    Not confusing at all - I read them all and take them on board but then go with my own instinct! :lol: But it does clarify my thinking to read all your thoughts. I do take your point but I think that with my fabric choices (especially the pinky grey focus fabric that Gai was asking about) along with the ideas in my head for the applique, it will work out good. You be sure to let me know when you see the finished version! And be honest - I don't ask for opinions to only hear 'yes-men', or women! :lol:

  5. #255
    Senior Member barefoot quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    fresno,ca
    Posts
    748
    that is so pretty i just can't wait the colors and the pattern is wonderfull please keep us posted

  6. #256
    Super Member sinceresissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,460
    The ideas I have in my head when I am thinking about making a quilt don't usually turn out that way in the quilt. I have a long way to go to in this learning process. I am waiting with baited breath to see how it goes. I'm sure it will be fab no matter what.

  7. #257
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thank you both. Once I start it, I'll post my progress so you can all cheer me on - and nag me! LOL

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,301
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Thank you both. Once I start it, I'll post my progress so you can all cheer me on - and nag me! LOL
    Us???!!! Nag???!!!! Now why would you think we would do something like that? :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

  9. #259
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Thank you both. Once I start it, I'll post my progress so you can all cheer me on - and nag me! LOL
    Us???!!! Nag???!!!! Now why would you think we would do something like that? :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    ermmmmm... past experience? :mrgreen: :lol:

  10. #260
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,010
    Your design is beautiful--beyond mere mortal words. I have a couple of questions for you. Would you email me please. Thank you.

  11. #261
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    Love the fabrics you chose, waiting patiently for udate!

  12. #262
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by eastermarie
    Your design is beautiful--beyond mere mortal words. I have a couple of questions for you. Would you email me please. Thank you.
    I'll do it now. Thanks for your kind words. :-D

    And to the other 'encouragers' - fabric is washed and pressed and I'm ready to roll. I will be working this up as a pattern as I go but it will be a while before it's ready to buy so please bear with me. :-D Feel free to keep nagging me to get mine done though! :mrgreen: :lol:

  13. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,301
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Feel free to keep nagging me to get mine done though! :mrgreen: :lol:

    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?
    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?

    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

  14. #264
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,475
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Feel free to keep nagging me to get mine done though! :mrgreen: :lol:

    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?
    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?

    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

  15. #265
    Senior Member chickadee_42us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mabank, Texas
    Posts
    762
    Lovely.

  16. #266
    Senior Member BevF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    920
    Lovely colors! You need one more for 13, then you can call it Fandango 13! I'd go a slightly lighter shade of purple for the medallion problem. Both designs are great, how can you go wrong?

  17. #267
    Super Member Debbie B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Huber Heights, Ohio
    Posts
    2,341
    It's beautiful.

  18. #268
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?
    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?

    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    NO!!!!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

  19. #269
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BevF
    Lovely colors! You need one more for 13, then you can call it Fandango 13! I'd go a slightly lighter shade of purple for the medallion problem. Both designs are great, how can you go wrong?
    Thank you! I didn't post every single variation on here, but the final one I put up on page 13 was the 13th version in my EQ. :D My fabrics are bought washed and pressed - there's a photo of them on page 16. I'm dying to get on with this but haven't sewn a stitch in the last few days at all as we've had a friend staying here whilst her rental house became available. She's moving out today so hopefully next week, I can get some work done! Guests are great but I'm always happy when they leave! Mean, ain't I?! :twisted: :lol:

  20. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,301
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Guests are great but I'm always happy when they leave! Mean, ain't I?! :twisted: :lol:

    My grandmother was fond of saying "Fish and company stink after 3 days".
    :mrgreen:

  21. #271
    Senior Member BevF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Quote Originally Posted by BevF
    Lovely colors! You need one more for 13, then you can call it Fandango 13! I'd go a slightly lighter shade of purple for the medallion problem. Both designs are great, how can you go wrong?
    Thank you! I didn't post every single variation on here, but the final one I put up on page 13 was the 13th version in my EQ. :D My fabrics are bought washed and pressed - there's a photo of them on page 16. I'm dying to get on with this but haven't sewn a stitch in the last few days at all as we've had a friend staying here whilst her rental house became available. She's moving out today so hopefully next week, I can get some work done! Guests are great but I'm always happy when they leave! Mean, ain't I?! :twisted: :lol:
    That's why I teased with one more fabric. 13th version on page 13, 13 fabrics, Fandango 13.... I understand with friends/relatives staying and overstaying their welcome. I hope I don't fall into that category when I go to visit. I'll try to keep up with your progress. One step at a time, one day at a time, you will get it done on time. :)

  22. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,301
    Blog Entries
    1
    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?
    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?
    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?
    Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?

  23. #273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by BevF
    Lovely colors! You need one more for 13, then you can call it Fandango 13! I'd go a slightly lighter shade of purple for the medallion problem. Both designs are great, how can you go wrong?

    Add the 13th!

    Pam M

  24. #274
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1
    I was walking the dog with Hans at the weekend and I suddenly said 'doh, I just realised what that lady meant about the 13th thingy - she meant add a 13th fabric'! :lol: And I will - the backing! :mrgreen:

    And no it is not done yet Miss Impatient Knickers, but now I've got rid of stinky fish-face, I can get on with it! :lol: (Just kidding, I love her really! :D )

  25. #275
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Blog Entries
    1
    A super quilt! Can't wait for your choices of fabric - if not those shown.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.