Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Every Birdie's Home Tweet Home Quilt

That is so cute. I love the April one the best but they are all very special. Mom would be very proud of your work and is looking down smiling!

I love these bird houses. Each one, unique and fun. May this quilt give you peace.

Really cute blocks! I hope getting back to the quilt helps you deal with your grief. We lost our son last June due to colon cancer. His diagnosis was devastating. Getting back into quilting this year (and back working with my local quilt guild) has helped me deal with the grief.

Best wishes to you as you finish your quilt. And, many happy memories of your mother.

Blog Entries
    Our Mom's are very special & she will always be with you!! :D I know she is so proud of this Beautiful quilt. I love the birds & bird houses you have made. Lovely work!!
    :D :D :D :D

Lost my mother also. Quilting does help me & reminds me so much of her. Certain quilts always just look like 'her'.

Blog Entries
    Your Mom will be watching over you! Your quilt is fabulous!! Keep up the great work!

Blog Entries
    Your quilts are just awesome,Losing a loved one sure isn't easy lost my Mom and Dad 7 months apart17yrs.ago and still think of them so often so Sweetie i no what your feeling and no Dear is't not easy but Please know that she"Your Mom"is so very proud of you and oh the memories you have watching her sew and quilt.I remember watching my mother sew but she didn't have a sewing machine she done all her work by hand and i wasn't able to catch on to a thing she had 14 children and was sewing on something most of the time quilts,mending clothes she always made me and my sister's Easter dresses every year but wish i had. I only sew on a machine I also lost 3-Brothers and 1-Sister so i really no it's hard the Sister i lost was my sewing buddy none of my other Sister quilts or sews You have my sympathies Sweetie. Love the birds and the houses

Rusty's Mom,so sorry for your lost you all are in my Prayers

To each and everyone here i'm so very sorry for your all's lost of a Family member

I hope you wrap up in your beautiful memories of your mother.

Blog Entries
    Oh man! I just love that quilt... Each month's is beautifully done. Thanks for sharing.

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother.

Banned
    Oh my gosh, how cute!!!

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Very cute!

Your quilt is wonderful. I love all the birds and houses. This will be a good healing quilt. Your mom would be proud of you and would want you to finish it and use it.

Adorable.
    Sorry to hear about your mom.

Absolutely adorable! Great job!

Your quilt is beautiful, sorry about your mother.

So sorry about your Mom! What a great quilt!

Blog Entries
    I too am so sorry for your loss. My mom has been gone 11 years 7/30th, seems so much like yesterday at times. Your darling quilt reminds so much of my mom's bird houses and birdbath we put outside Mom and Dad's dining room window. They would sit for hours and watch the birds. They even named some of the birds because they came so regularly. That brought them many hours of delight when they were no longer able to do much.

Thanks for the memories. Hopefully, your completed quilt will be healing for you. Your memories will also be healing. After 11 years, I sometimes think about calling Mom to check on something.

God Bless.

Sorry about your mom. I lost mine when I was 19 and I have missed her every day for the past 40 yrs.

Your quilt is precious. I love it. Great job on the applique. Someday I will tackle a quilt like that.

What a sweet, sweet quilt!! I hope it helps your heart. Think how happy your mom would be to know you have finished it. I, too, have lost my mom -- I have some of her fabric scraps from her quilting, and I cherish them as if they were gold nuggets. Keep on Quilting ....

Your quilt is Beautiful I know your mother would have loved it. I just lost my mom to cancer March of this year and I know how hard it is to cope. I started cutting fabric for my first quilt ever and can only hope it turns out looking like a quilt. You do wonderful work!!! :!: :!: :mrgreen: :-o :shock: ;) :lol: :D :XD: :thumbup: :XD:

Love your quilt, we feed the birds all year round.
    So sorry for your loss. My mom passed away in Sept. '09.
    Know how you feel...it's not easy...but take one day at a time...they say time heals..

So sorry for your loss...your quilt is amazing

Power Poster
    Sorry to hear about your mom. Time will heal. Your quilt is so beautiful I'm sure it will help you to start working on it again just by looking at it. It really is adorable.

What a wonderful job you have done on the buttonhole stitching aroung the appliques! Isn't quilting such a great way to cope with loss and stress...I hope you continue to heal.

I am so sorry to hear of your moms passing, my mom has been gone 13 yers now but its still difficult at times.
    I love your quilt it is darling and all the little detail applique, you've done a wonderful job and I know your mom would be proud. I hope you find much healing and fresh memories in every stitch.
    God Bless,
    Muriel
    Ak.Angel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast