Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Every Birdie's Home Tweet Home Quilt

Sorry about your mother. I lost mine when I was 31, she was young and it was sudden. It will get better, it just takes time. I enjoyed your quilt thanks for sharing

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry for your loss, I still find myself talking to my dad at times. you and your family are in my prayers. your quilt is beautiful, and you did a beautiful job on it. thank you for sharing, and God bless. Penny

I'm sorry for your loss. My Mom passed away too early in 2006. She never saw any of my quilts as I started quilting the month after she passed. I'm sure your Mom is so very proud. Your quilt is beautiful. Time helps ease the pain.

Beautiful, I know what you feel after losing a mother and my prayers are with you. Great OT tho. You did a great job and your mother is proud of you.

Adorable! I love it!

Sorry about your loss. Love the quilt maybe it will be theraputic.

This is soooo beautiful. I'm very sorry about your mom. I lost mine in 1988 and I still miss her. My love of quilting came about 9 years ago, my first husband died of a long illness of over 10 years I was 42 when he died (he was 49). Needless to say, a friend of mine knew what I needed and it has been my therapy, and I am "in love". I wish that I could do beautiful work like you. It is truly beautiful.

Absolutely gorgeous and I love all the hard work you did making it. Great job.

Sorry for the loss of your Mom.

Your quilt is beautiful

We share a common sorrow. I was working on an applique quilt while sitting at my Mom's bedside in '09 too. I just haven't been able to take it out and finish it up. Maybe this will inspire me to finish it.

Did I send you the "rain" fabric for April? I designed April and May and quite a few people asked me to send them the rain fabric because they couldn't find it. I still don't have my quilt done. LOL! I think I got as far as July.
    Sorry to hear about your Mom.

I love your quilt! It is beautiful. You really do nice work! So sorry about your mom. I feel your pain as I lost my mom in 2005. I still think about her everyday. Allow yourself time to grieve. Thats very important. God bless!

Wonderful quilt and beautiful work. So sorry about your mom.

that is beautiful . . . and so much work and time has been put into it. Did you hand applique each piece or machine applique? It definitely needs to be finished!!

I'm sorry about your Mom. Quilting is a good coping method. My son who is 34 has been diagnosed with ALS and I have really kept my mind very busy with quilting. Your quilt is lovely. Best wishes to you.

Congratulations on a lovely work of art. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother - our mothers are usually the overriding influence in our lives and when we lose them, it leaves a huge gap. This quilt will encourage pleasant memories of her.

Do you know if this pattern is still available? I'm not much of a TV person and don't even have cable, so pardon me if I sound weird for asking what/where HGTV is (truly, I didn't just drop in from another planet!).

Blog Entries
    Beautiful

As a bird lover, I absolutely love this quilt!! Wish I had the patterns.

Sorry about your mom, that quilt is beautiful-I love birdhouses I've never seen them done in a quilt design before, now I'm tempted to make one.

I'm really sorry to hear that you lost your mom. Quilting is therapy in itself. Your quilt is lovely. I love each individual blocks. It must take you a long time to finish each block. Keep on quilting, you do great work.

eda
    Love the quilt! Sorry about your mom..

No, but it must have been someone else that asked for the "rain" fabric as I have the squares finished to my Every Birdie's Home Tweet Home. I finished it 3 or 4 years ago, just haven't quilted it yet.

Thanks, anyway.

Mary (skydiver70)

I hand appliqued it with a blanket stitch, but had to put it aside while Mama was sick. It was difficult though, due to the fact that it was hard to get the needle thru the fusible backing. Learned from that one, "Use a different fusible next time"

Mary (skydiver70)

So sorry for your loss, too. Mother's are special!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks!!

Just .......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast