Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
FABRIC IS BACK >

FABRIC IS BACK

FABRIC IS BACK

Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Dkm

Just got the word that fabric would be back in the Frankfort, Ky store in July. Thanks to all the quilters that email and called Wal Mart headquarters.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:07 AM

Yee Haw!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 AM

hobby lobby is to high, can't afford 2 go there, unless i have a coupon..
Old 06-06-2011, 08:30 AM

Fabric and Firearms in the same sentence- only at Wal-Mart!!!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:46 AM

What terrific news!!! TY for the info....now which of the 700 stores will be the lucky ones???
Old 06-06-2011, 08:50 AM

AMEN
Old 06-06-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie
Then he said, "And, continuing with words that begin with "F", Fabric is Back". Anyway, he said it would be full fabric that would be cut by an associate. He also said that they listened to the customers and that fabric would return to 700 stores by September. WHOOOHOO!!!
I sure am glad to hear this! I hope the "associate" is dedicated to that department and not the one from electronics as it is now!

Oh, and I agree - Praise the Lord (He knows I need low cost fabric, and only have time to shop in the middle of the night for those prayer quilts I make). Yes, WHOOOHOO!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:58 AM

I had already heard on this board that Walmart was keeping/bringing back fabric, so imagine my disappointment (aka OUTRAGE!!) when I was told the last one in my area to be remodeled (also the ONLY one that had fabric) is losing the fabric with the remodel!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Nice thought ~ too bad his company has already made a liar of him!! :cry: :thumbdown: :hunf: :-( :thumbdown: :(
Old 06-06-2011, 09:00 AM

I noticed that the your avater is a trendle that looks like the one my grandmother used to have. Could you post a picture of it and some information about it. I do not know what happened to my gm's machine and wild like to see if I can find one like it as I would love to have one. Thanks

Originally Posted by twinkie
I have just returned from the 2011 Wal Mart Shareholders Meeting in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I went as a guest of Wal Mart for 4 days and represented my store from Oneonta, Alabama. While in the meeting on Wednesday, June 1, 2011, they were discussing some changes that were taking place in Wal Mart. As I used a walker on wheels due to my problem with walking long distances, I was placed on the ground floor of the meeting in the 8th row just down from the stage. Mr. John Aden was speaking about the fact that they were bringing back firearms to the stores. Then he said, "And, continuing with words that begin with "F", Fabric is Back". Well, without thinking, I shouted "Praise the LORD". Didn't realize my voice carried and then John said, "Did I hear a Praise the LORD"? Anyway, he said it would be full fabric that would be cut by an associate. He also said that they listened to the customers and that fabric would return to 700 stores by September. He then said that if your store had fabric, you would not lose it. I am enclosing a picture that was taken as he was speaking from the stage of this years meeting. WHOOOHOO!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:02 AM

Thanks for speaking out for all of us quilters. That is great news!!