Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The Falls

Multnomah Falls in Oregon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Once again, you have shown your outstanding talent. This looks magnificent. I love the colors. :D Does this take very long to do?

Spectacular!!
    You have made a special memory quilt. I visited Multnomah Falls years and years ago. Your quilt has brought back many memories of our walk there. Great job!

That is gorgeous. How long is the bridge in real life?
    It makes me think of the New River Gorge Bridge here in WV. Our bridge is the longest arch bridge in the Northern Hemisphere. It used to be the longest in the world. Bridge Day is celebrated every year with bungee jumping and parachuting.
    Lovely work!

Here is a pic that could stir up some inspiration.....

Black Water Falls in Davis, WV
    Name:  Attachment-185.jpe
Views: 329
Size:  52.8 KB

Again I can't find the word to describe you quilts. Each and every one is so spectular in its own way. Waitng with bated breath for the next. So far thought the Dolphins iare my very favorite

Your quilt is 'beautilicious' (new descriptive word?). I had to look twice to make sure I was looking at a quilt; it is so well done. Love the colors.

Connie

I'm speechless I have no idea how you do it ,but are lovely

Once again,thank you all for the lovely compliments. I do enjoy making these. Yes this one took a while as it has quite a few pieces. Then you have to do the decorative stitching, put on the border, put it all together and quilt it.

Thank you very much for the picture of the Falls. I am going to use it to make a landscape and will post it when I'm finished but not right away. I was watching Survivor last night and got an idea so bought the fabric today and will work on that tomorrow.

I don't know the length of the bridge for sure but it's not really long. When do I get to see some of the work that you gals do?
    :-)

That is cool. Even before I saw it was a quilt of Multnomah Falls, I knew it had to be . . . I've been there, and loved it. Good job.

RV Quilter,

If you do decide to do the landscape of Blackwater Falls that Miranda (ButtercreamCakeArtist) posted, do you make them to sell? If so, I will definitely buy it! Blackwater Falls, is my favorite place in the world, that is where my husband and I got married in November. I have not even tempted to do a landscape yet...but I sure do like yours! :D

Thank you and Yes most of my quilts are for sale. I will start on Blackwater Falls soon and let you know when it's finished. :-)

Oh, good. I can't wait! :D

I don't think even the new adjectives could do justice to such a gorgeous quilt. Absolutely amazing! You ae very talented.

Thank you very much.

RV Quilter:
    You have captured the beauty of the Falls magnificently! I've hiked to that bridge more than once. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Feathers

Thank you and I hope to have it totally finished soon. Just have a little more quilting and the binding to put on. I kind of bounce between different forms of quilting and right now I'm actually doing some piecing, which is not the norm for me but it's fun now and then,

Blog Entries
    wow ... very nice