Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finally; my sewing and craft room >

Finally; my sewing and craft room

Finally; my sewing and craft room

Old 12-12-2010, 07:28 AM

You have a great work space. I love all your stash. My hubby thinks I have a lot. I will have to show him your pictures. You have done a wonderful job organizing everything. I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Where did you get your purple "I love quilting" bear? He is so cute.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:30 AM

Nice very organized and love your teddy
Old 12-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Banned

Love the CD cabinet storage for fat quarters! And that is a lovely desk!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:53 AM

I always enjoy seeing others sewing rooms and getting ideas. The CD cabinet is a terrific idea! Thanks for posting your pics.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:02 AM

Learn something new everyday. Love the CD holder idea for fat quarters. I even saw some at yard sales this past summer! I'll put them on my "need, can't live without" list for next year's yard sales. So clever!! I wonder of sewing room maze is the normal? My sewing room is also in a maze layout. Love your little sewing bear, so cute.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:53 PM

I found my little bear, Quilty, (I'm so original, I know) at the thrift store for 99 cents. Of course I had to save him from some child's eager little hands. LOL.
My room isn't as maze-like as it might seem. I can walk all the way around the sewing desk, and when I'm sitting in my chair, I have rolling access to everything except the paint and beading supplies.
DH has his "office" in the room on one side of mine and our master bedroom is on the other side. So both his and my rooms are pass thru rooms into the master bedroom suite. That way, when all the kids and grandbrats are visiting at once, we have a door to lock and 2 rooms of sound barrier to hide behind when we need a break or some sleep. LOL.
So that's why the desk sits in the middle with walkway all the way around it. In the photo it looks like you can't get around it, but I can.
I do my cutting on top of the hottub. It's the perfect height and size for me.
I have a bin with a lid for current projects, so when I'm not working on it, I just put it in the bin so it LOOKS tidy. LOL.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:12 PM

You know, since there have been several comments about the size of my stash, I want to remind everyone again of where I got most of it. I only started quilting in earnest this spring so I have accumulated a majority of this over this year.
At least 85% of what you see is from thrift stores and yard sales. The sheets are for backings, etc. from thrift stores. Tuesdays they are half off and I get my seniors discount of 25% off total purchase!!
The rest of the 85% is made up of deconstructed cotton clothing, pillow shams, curtains, etc. When you fold it up nice, it looks just like "real" fabric. LOL
The fleece pieces are remnants from Joann's bought when the fleece was on sale, so I got them for half of the sale price. I also buy remnants of cottons that are on sale so that I pay half of their sale price. This, too, is where I get my pieces of iron on fuse-y stuff for applique. I never pay full price for anything. I do buy yardage when the red tag fabrics are half price if I find something good.
The remaining approx. 5% of my stash, and the most precious to me, are gifts and trades with my wonderful friends here on the quilting board!!! I often pick up fabric at yard sales that I know I won't use, because I remember someone here mentioned liking something like it. I like finding things to trade as much as I like finding things to use ...... almost.
Smilesssssss and hugggggggggggs.....wildlinda
Old 12-12-2010, 08:20 PM

oops :roll:
Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
wildyard - great space. i can't believe the brown dresser with the small drawers across the top. i just, yesterday, bought one exactly like it at an estate sale. it is currently sitting in my living room waiting for me to reorganize so i can start using it. i figured the small drawers were perfect for tools. i suppose i will find something (maybe fabric? ) to put in the big drawers. :roll: :lol:
yes, I have my cutting blades and supplies in one, my smaller peices of fusible in one, and 2 are empty yet waiting till I decide what I want in there
Old 12-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Power Poster

What a great crafty space!! I love that painted desk too~