Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: finally finished first quilt

I did it!!! :) I finally finished my first quilt. I learned alot with this. I have a few flaws but now I know how to correct it so I am anxious for the next project. One thing that will help is that hubby is going to get me a walking foot. That was one of the biggest pains, trying to put on the binding. I got the pre packaged stuff and with the thickness my material drug some so my sewing lines are a little jagged to say the least. I tied it and that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just time consuming! Anyway, I am done and proud....lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

bj
    Nice first effort. I don't think anyone will know it's your first unless you tell them. You're right, the walking foot makes a lot of difference. I didn't hear of them until my 3rd or 4th quilt. I was amazed at how much easier it was to get the binding on straight. Keep quilting, you are off to a wonderful start!

You're off to a good start!

Very nice work, Toni.

Oh look at that pretty quilt! You definitely have an eye for color. Great first job! Make more!

Looks GOOD to me. You should be PROUD!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Toni,
    Congrats on the first quilt! Now there is good news and bad news about this....the good news is... you've finished and are eager to start your next one.....the bad news is.....everyone you know is going to ask you to make them one! lol

Great Job! I know how hard the first one is as I am still quilting mine! Keep up the momentum, you are doing great!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations it's beautiful and don't forget to show us your next one and the next. . .

WOW .... Super JOB! Those little mistakes YOU see .. are not mistakes they are called accents! No one can claim your quilt but you .. look for your accents. LOL

Toni:
    What a great first try at quilting. It is wonderful and you have every right to be PROUD of your work. You are willing to dive in an do another...that means the "quilting bug" has bitten you! Symptoms to look for after being bitten:
    1. Inability to pass a fabric store without going in and touching, feeling, smelling, daydreaming and BUYING fabric, books, patterns,
    2. Moving the kids out of their bedroom to make a sewing room to house your newest OBSESSION AND PASSION.
    3. Online fabric stores???? Where?? Let me at it.
    4. Honeyyyyyyyyy, I need a new bookcase. A BIG ONE$. My quilt books, magazines and patterns are piling up and I need a place to put them so I can SEE, FEEL, TOUCH, SMELL AND STROKE THEM.
    5. Tonight, let's have Post Toasties for dinner....I'm in the middle of a quilt and don't have time to cook.
    6. Honeyyyyyyyyyy, will you teach the dog how to vacume the rug. I'm trying to figure out a Mariner's Star pattern and I etc., etc., etc.

I think you get the picture! Enjoy.
    Feathers

What pretty quilt! I'd never know it was your first! Let us ee more!

Nice work. Very well done. Kyia

Very nice! I am in the middle of my first. I chose to piece and quilt it by hand and I am learning as I go. lol. Be sure to send a pix of your next one...you've been bit by 'the bug' too! Merry Christmas.

Toni - You have done a GREAT job! I am pretty new at this too - and I remember the elation of getting the first one done! You did so well - and Feathers has totally summed up many of the next issues with which you will be confronted!

So, give ALL your credit cards to your hubby! Otherwise, every fabic sale will have some WONDERFUL deals that you REALLY need - got a great buy at $35.00. Look at al this wonderful material!!!!

Oh - where/how can I store it. Need to spend $50 on tubs. OOPS! Should have bough the see thru kind - go out and rebuy - $40. But, now I can see thru them. Let's get a drawer thingee (learned this word on this site). Need to put all these little things in it.

My, My. Need lots of thread - different colors for all the materials. OOPS! There went another $30 and I forgot to get black!!!!! Also need storage containers so I can see and find them. $20 - if lucky on sale for 1/2 off.

Enough already......... we have already created "S O M E " which really just leads to some more..............

Welcome to your sisterhood!!!!!! I need a fabric anoymous class.............