Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
finally finished first quilt >

finally finished first quilt

finally finished first quilt

Old 12-21-2007, 06:32 AM

Toni:
What a great first try at quilting. It is wonderful and you have every right to be PROUD of your work. You are willing to dive in an do another...that means the "quilting bug" has bitten you! Symptoms to look for after being bitten:
1. Inability to pass a fabric store without going in and touching, feeling, smelling, daydreaming and BUYING fabric, books, patterns,
2. Moving the kids out of their bedroom to make a sewing room to house your newest OBSESSION AND PASSION.
3. Online fabric stores???? Where?? Let me at it.
4. Honeyyyyyyyyy, I need a new bookcase. A BIG ONE$. My quilt books, magazines and patterns are piling up and I need a place to put them so I can SEE, FEEL, TOUCH, SMELL AND STROKE THEM.
5. Tonight, let's have Post Toasties for dinner....I'm in the middle of a quilt and don't have time to cook.
6. Honeyyyyyyyyyy, will you teach the dog how to vacume the rug. I'm trying to figure out a Mariner's Star pattern and I etc., etc., etc.

I think you get the picture! Enjoy.
Feathers
Old 12-21-2007, 08:00 AM

What pretty quilt! I'd never know it was your first! Let us ee more!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:51 AM

Nice work. Very well done. Kyia
Old 12-21-2007, 09:55 PM

Very nice! I am in the middle of my first. I chose to piece and quilt it by hand and I am learning as I go. lol. Be sure to send a pix of your next one...you've been bit by 'the bug' too! Merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:40 PM

Toni - You have done a GREAT job! I am pretty new at this too - and I remember the elation of getting the first one done! You did so well - and Feathers has totally summed up many of the next issues with which you will be confronted!

So, give ALL your credit cards to your hubby! Otherwise, every fabic sale will have some WONDERFUL deals that you REALLY need - got a great buy at $35.00. Look at al this wonderful material!!!!

Oh - where/how can I store it. Need to spend $50 on tubs. OOPS! Should have bough the see thru kind - go out and rebuy - $40. But, now I can see thru them. Let's get a drawer thingee (learned this word on this site). Need to put all these little things in it.

My, My. Need lots of thread - different colors for all the materials. OOPS! There went another $30 and I forgot to get black!!!!! Also need storage containers so I can see and find them. $20 - if lucky on sale for 1/2 off.

Enough already......... we have already created "S O M E " which really just leads to some more..............

Welcome to your sisterhood!!!!!! I need a fabric anoymous class.............