Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finally finished sweatshirt jacket!!!! >

Finally finished sweatshirt jacket!!!!

Finally finished sweatshirt jacket!!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by johnniek
How do I get ahold of UglyCook to see the directions for this wonderful sweat shirt jacket. Beautiful on you and I just keep going back to your pictures. Thanks for the info and for sharing. JohnnieK
Try this website. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-58056-1.htm
Old 09-10-2010, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by johnniek
How do I get ahold of UglyCook to see the directions for this wonderful sweat shirt jacket. Beautiful on you and I just keep going back to your pictures. Thanks for the info and for sharing. JohnnieK
Thanks for the compliment Johnniek. I give all the credit to Ugly Cook - she made it sooo easy with all her great instructions along with the pictures.

I see that the link was posted for you. It's a fun project.

Pat
Old 09-10-2010, 08:09 AM

Wow - how did I miss this thread?? Love your colors!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:12 AM

I am getting ready to start one of these jackets, how many different materials did you use??? Just really love yours and the Uglycooks. The colors are just wonderful.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by greencat
Wow - how did I miss this thread?? Love your colors!
Actually I used 10 different fabrics - by accident - but one of those accidents that ended up a good happening. What happened was that I had a bundle of fat quarters - not for any purpose - I bought it before I ever planned on what I'd use them for - just loved the colors. THEN I decided to make the jacket - actually started it already - and went back to Joann's to get another bundle - and yes, you guessed it - I tried 3 Joann's and couldn't get the same bundle. Since I had already started it I had no choice but to buy another bundle with semi- same colors. So therefore I had 10 colors and was glad in the end because it gave me more choices when picking up pieces. Even then I kept thinking "I just used this color". Then I even bought different fabric for the binding - so 11 fabrics all told!

Warning - ask me a question and your guaranteed a LONG answer. I never have short answers - LOL!

PLEASE keep us posted on your jacket. I'll be so anxious to see how it's going. What color sweatshirt are you using and what color fabrics.

I already have TWO bundles of fat quarters for the next one - probably in the winter. I'll use a black sweatshirt and the bundles are all black and white with just a touch of gold. They were sooo pretty I couldn't pass them up.

Pat
Old 09-10-2010, 06:58 PM

WoW!!!! I'm jealous!!! Stunning
Old 09-11-2010, 06:14 PM

Red sweatshirt with black and white print. Material I had. I love red for anything. Then I did buy a turquoise sweatshirt at Wal Mart the other day and like you have a bunch of fat quarters to use. I love long answers. I probably won't get finished til fall, so many things to do. But I will send a picture when done. I love sweatshirt jackets, have a few, because I freeze during the Winter time. Too many back surgeries.Take care JohnnieK