Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: finished Dear Jane blocks.................

Your quilt is already stunning! I am looking forward to the finished quilt.

Lovely! The colors are gorgeous. I'm anxious to try this one day.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! That is absolutely, breathtakingly beautiful!
    WOW!!!!!

Amazing!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Blog Entries
    Wonderful, YOu Can't stop NOW!!!
    fatquarters

Gorgeous. Beautiful. WOW.
    You have done a great job selecting colors, fabrics and layout.
    I like the idea of using the prints for the plain triangles.
    You have created a pattern with you color use within the quilt. It might be pretty to continue that into the border/triangles.

Can't wait to see what you decide to do!

Blog Entries
    Yes, You do deserve compliments; lots of them! That's a big challenge, and you are doing a stunning job. Nice work.
    Mavis

Oh wow! Very impressive. I love the colors you've used. Looks like you've worked many hours on this one. Keep us posted when it's finished.

My goodness! I don't think I can come up with any new way to say FANTASTIC! All the other comments are so right-on! It is fabulous-colors, piecing, blocks-everything!

Thank you all so much!! I started with the center block in dark purple and went in circles with the rainbow colors. All with 1930s reprints (139 different ones). I had the blocks layed out for the first time today and called DH to have a look.
    He looked and looked and finally said: "nice".............he does not know any better :-)

I bought the software and the rulers. And even as a computer illiterate I had no problem to print out the templates or the paperpiecing patterns. I dont want to talk it small neither for me nor all the others that made the DJ, but it is not half as complicated as it looks like! Looking for the first time at all the blocks I tried to figure out the "hardest" and could not come up with one. Looking at some block patterns for the first time I had the feeling "impossible to sew that accurately" several times :-) I think that the real callenge is to stick to it. After a while I found it even boring somehow.

As for Jane herself: I thought many times of her and I am sure that she laughs her butt off in quiltersheaven about the hunderts of followers trying very hard to copy each and every block of hers with all the "mistakes" she made.

Each of my blocks (finished size 4.5 inch) has a note pinned to it with the number of pieces and the time it took to sew. It will take forever to add the numbers lol

It is almost 2 a.m. in Basle (to Dianemarie) and I am ironing using the water spray bottle mostly on my self. The temperature went "down" to 26 degrees and I have to catch up with my housework.

Blog Entries
    May I first say WOW!!! what a great job. As far as the triangles, I would first cut some paper and use some crayons with whatever color you think you might like. If you don't like your first choice, you can always flip the paper over and try another color. Hope you will enter this in a quilt show. I am sure it will take first prize. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Wow. You should be very proud of yourself. I can only imagine the countless hours you put into this. It's beautifully done. I love the colors placed in the around the world pattern. For the border, a random color pattern would make your eyes go all over. A gradual color repeat would make your eyes go in a circle. I think I'd go for the random pattern. Just my two cents. It's Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    SewDarnBusy

Blog Entries
    Amazing! I just don't have the patience for that much work.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Wow! Beautiful colours, great job!
    The purpose of life is to discover your gifts.
    The meaning of life is to give your gifts away with love.

Quote Originally Posted by sewdarnbusy View Post
    Wow. You should be very proud of yourself. I can only imagine the countless hours you put into this. It's beautifully done. I love the colors placed in the around the world pattern. For the border, a random color pattern would make your eyes go all over. A gradual color repeat would make your eyes go in a circle. I think I'd go for the random pattern. Just my two cents. It's Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    SewDarnBusy
    Make the eyes going around in circles is exactly the problem I want to try to avoid. I was thinking of doing the triangles in gradual colors also and make all of the plain triangles of the same print as well as the binding to "calm" the quilt down and frame it. Will see, there will be a lot of time to think about it.

Absolutely gorgeous blocks. Congratulations on completing the blocks. The main hard work is done now. Finishing touches and what a masterpiece you will have.
    Patchwork Crazy!!!

I have always been in awe of your work. Your craft-woman-ship is truly breathtaking. Dear Jane must be a delight for you! Beautiful little blocks certainly are your forte. I don't think I will be making a Dear Jane as I have so many of my own ideas - but your work always inspires me to do more "little" projects. Amazing talent, dear granny.

Blog Entries
    Love your colors better than the CW fabrics! Calm & Serene just oozes from it! Great job!

Just wonderful I am in total shock, great job and thank you for sharing,
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Absolutely amazing colors, layout and workmanship. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Totally awesome, I have a dj started and need to get back with it. Your color arrangement is remarkable. I love, love, love it. Take a big bow... and a vacation too... well done

Lin

Very beautiful! Love the placement of the colors!

So beautiful! How long has it taken you to make these squares?

Wow! I love your choice of colours! LOVE it! I'm thinking of starting one in October and hope its as nice as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by mary123 View Post
    So beautiful! How long has it taken you to make these squares?
    So far 352 hours and 4122 pieces :-) That does not include the hour it took me to add the numbers of time and pieces I attached to each finished block.......
    The longest with 7hours was F-9, a couple of simple ones were made in half an hour.
    It is the first time that I want to keep track of the time that goes into a quilt.

Thanks for all the compliments, it really means a lot to me!
    Granny

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast