Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: FINISHED ONE!!!

Okay, I have finally finished my Daughter in Laws' Lap quilt, so thought I would share. Yeah, I know it's mostly squares and borders but I still like it, notice the cat at the bottom right? She loves cats, so I thought I'l put one in. Wanted to send it off to have quilted, but ran out of time, so did it all on my a reg. machine..that really wasn't much fun, but it was practice for my free motion quilting, actually my old singer did better at this than my fancier one.

a closer view..thank goodness not to close!!
    Name:  Attachment-3444.jpe
Views: 497
Size:  72.5 KB

my hubby struggling to hold this up to show the back.
    Name:  Attachment-3447.jpe
Views: 492
Size:  84.8 KB

called 'Sunshine" after the fabric, which is SunShine by moda
    Name:  Attachment-63786.jpe
Views: 490
Size:  77.1 KB

I love it. Those colors and fabric are great. I'll send my address if you want to make another. :D 8) :) Good job and thanks for sharing.

Barb

bj
    Very nicely done. I love the colors, too.

Oh it is SO pretty!!!! You did a great job on the quilting!! And I love the idea of the cat in the corner!!!

[quote]I'll send my address if you want to make another.

BARB, HAS ANY ONE EVER TAKEN YOU UP ON THAT? Wouldn't it be heaven if one did ?:D Let me know if that has happened. :lol:

No, no one has taken me up on that yet........but it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe one of these days someone will feel sorry for me and send one. In the mean time I'll guess that I just have to do my own. The only problem with that is something else always gets in the way. My quilt just seems to be taking the back seat to all of the baby quilts and rag quilts that I'm making for Christmas gifts. Maybe after the first of the year I'll be able to find the time to work on my own quilt. In the meantime I just have to keep hoping that some will actually send me one. :D

Catherine that is gorgeous! You did an excellent job quilting it. I love those colors! Awesome Job!!!

Hi. I know what you mean about having your own quilt. The only way I got mine was to win it! It sure is nice to sleep under a quilt.
    Debra

That is absolutely gorgeous! You did a great job and I love the colors. I think blue and yellow look so pretty together.

By the way, the cute little cat adds a nice touch.

Catherine - you said, "Yeah, I know it's mostly squares and borders but I still like it," but WOW - those squares & borders are why it is such a gorgeous quilt. I love it. You did a great job coordinating those squares & borders. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh! HOw lovely! It is really a big ball of sunshine! And the cute little cat gets to play with the ball.
    I like the quilting. Flowers or similar?
    Awesome work!

[Okay, I have finally finished my Daughter in Laws' Lap quilt, so thought I would share. Yeah, I know it's mostly squares and borders but I still like it,]

I love it. I think it is really pretty, I like the plainer ones, the colors can pop and one can look at the beauty of the material, not getting lost in an intricate pattern. I have always been drawn to ones like yours.
    Deb
    :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Your choice of colors, the border print and your quilting is what made this such a stunning quilt, the whole quilt just "sings out" :D

there is beauty in simplicity! and when a MIL makes something like that for a DIL, she should know that she is special.

Just beautiful. Your choice of colors is so beautiful. I'm sure she will treasure it.

So pretty... I love blue and yellow!

Beautimous :!: :!: :!: :!: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: You did a fantastic job on it. I always love Moda fabrics and always love blue and yellow together and the cat is too cute :!: Great job.
    Next one's mine right? I'll send you my address so you will have it ready when its time to mail it to me :lol:

lin
    I don't think that's plain at all! Blue and yellow are always so pretty together and you did a great job of blending the exact right fabrics. It looks like a sunny day and would cheer up anyone who looks at it! She's going to love it. You did a really good job on the mqing too!! The quilt is truly beautiful! :)

Boo
    Yea, I am partial to that April Cornell Sunshine also! Your quilt is a great use of the fabric. I will show it to Pam when I go to the shop tomorrow. We love seeing what others do with a line we like. Thank you for sharing your lovely work.

What bright & wonderful colors, such a joy to see. I'm sure your daughter in law will love it, & a good job by your husband :-) We have to thank him to.

I love the way you laid it out.. It is stunning...

I just love your color combo and the cat in the corner is just to cute.
    Great job. :lol:

Wow...you all have been great at making me feel I actually sewed a pretty quilt..you have know idea what my DIL is like...she is so picky...in the two years she has been married to my son I don't think she has appreciated any of the gifts I have sent her. She hated her mothers BD gift to her, a sunhat with a big flower on it and complained to me over the phone about it..and plans on returning it. .she has yet to learn that it isn't what it is ..but the "who" gave it to her and to cherish those weird gifts..cuz one day....well, we all know that one..it will be no more... we call her "our spoiled DIL".
    I DID tell her if she did not like my gift, to send it back...and I don't feel bad about that. They have no children and I do not see any in the future..sometimes, I think that is a good thing...wow..sorry about going on about this.....I hope and trust in the best. thanks for the great support!!

It's lovely, I love the blues and yellows makes it look sunny and cheerful and the cat is a real cute touch. I hope for you that DIL appreciates it but if she dosen't then I believe I saw a couple of other interested parties who would be only to happy to recieve such a lovely quilt:P

Keep trying Barb, cause you just never know :P

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast