Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Finished quilt! Scrapy charm quilt

It is so lovely!! You did a wonderful job. I just love the colors. I would love to have your quilt on my bed! I am sure your grand niece will love it (and maybe one day understand all that went into it)! What a wonderful gift.

Wow what a great quilt. I bet that took awhile. I wish where it went appreciated it. I appreciate you sharing the beauty with us. I learned the hardway too about giving to people who appreciate. I made a quilt that took forever for a lady that wanted a quilt for the new babies wall so I did a real fancy one that went into the crib. She recently went into my sewing room to see another baby quilt that I'm doing and she said oh is that for me? Ahhhhh no. Well atleast you know you did a super job on it and have some great pictures. I love the chickens. :thumbup:

Beautiful work! We appreciate you sharing with us.

Great job! It is so bright and cheery.

I'm sure your niece will love it. Five is a little young to appreciate things that don't have bells and whistles, but she'll grow into it. Especially when she wants to snuggle in front of the TV.

Thanks for sharing.

a quilt after my own heart. Love it!

It's lovely. I'm so sorry you didn't get the response you expected. :(

Think about this for a second though...with all those lovely squares, it will take MONTHS and MONTHS to explore and enjoy it. It's for the granddaughter, right? She's just a wee gal, and I'm here to tell you ANY kid I've ever done a quilt for goes crazy when they can't find it or it's in the wash. They all have pet names for it (their nanny, their blankey, George, etc.)

I'm sure she spends quiet moments just looking and looking at this beauty, finding all the purple squares, or placing her favorite things in each tiny block. Know that SHE loves it. Without even meeting her, I know she does. And she may have the words someday to adequately express this to you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nursesews
    Great job :thumbup: :thumbup:
    ditto. i love a good scrappy quilt.

Beautiful quilt, beautiful colors.

Blog Entries
    wow that looks huge! love your quilt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBecca
    Ok so you have all seen this before - but its COMPLETELY fnished now and I thought I would show it off.

Sadly, my DH took it to the UK to give to a Grand Niece (aged 5) and her Mother just said - oh - yes - thanks. I am so sad - as ALL MY LIFE, I wanted to make a quilt from squares and I LOVE this. so sad to see its not appreciated - I never heard from them again (it was a couple of months ago) and I even emailed to see how they were getting along with it and heard nothing.

I know - I know - we all MUST learn to give quilts ONLY where they are appreciated!!!!
    Very pretty :)

Someday this little girl will thank you.

Blog Entries
    My favorite kind of quilt. It's beautiful.

It's sad but sometimes we just need to let these things go. The second quilt I ever made was received something like that I still remember it, but like all things time does heal.

Vicky

Blog Entries
    That is a beautiful quilt. I cannot imagine them not loving it as well...

Blog Entries
    It is just lovely -- and the photo with the chickens is too sweet. (wouldn't that photo make a great quilt?) I know what you mean about giving quilts to people who don't appreciate them. I made matching storybook quilts for two baby grandnephews. I did get a thank you note for the "blankets". Made another one for another grandnephew. Not a peep. Not an email. Not a card. Zero. As a matter of fact, we haven't heard from them since! Perhaps they were offended by my gift?

looks great !

It's beautiful....I'm sure it will grow on them and they will surely start to like it.

Ohhh, I feel your pain. All that work, all those tiny squares and it such a lovely quilt. Well, at least you got a nice picture of it and you know what a prized possession it should be, so guess you have to let it go and know you did good.

I understand where you're coming from, sometimes I feel that a stranger appreciates my quilts more than some of my family. Learn your lesson and NEVER give her one again.
    It's beautiful and non quilters has no idea whats involved in making a quilt let alone the love that goes into one.

That is beautiful. I would have gushed over it had I received it!

It's beautiful...hopefully it is appreciated and they just don't know how to be appreciative..... Do more good work, this one is lovely.

Maybe in time they will learn to appreciate the beautiful gift you gave them. In the meantime, delight in the wonderful work of art you created.

Your quilts are beautiful!

Ohhhh so nice! I really like the purple in it. Since the true recipient is only 5, hopefully she is enjoying it but just can't let you know because she is too little. Now as a treat make yourself one just like it and keep it.

This is a beautiful quilt. I am so sorry that it wasn't appreciated. I keep trying to find excuses for the lack of manners as well as the lack of appreciation, but I am quickly running out of them. Unfortunately, these people are teaching their children by example.

I made an appliqued quilt for my Niece's baby. I even took the sewing machine on vacation so that I would be finished before the baby was born. The quilt was delivered the first of March, I am still waiting for any kind of acknowlegement, an email, a phone call anything. We know how many more gifts I will be making for this family.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast