Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finished Quilt >

Finished Quilt

Finished Quilt

Old 07-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

keep up the good work
Old 07-05-2012, 05:49 PM

Your quilt is so pretty! We all have talents in different areas...yours happens to be in machine embroidery, at least for now. Some of the quilts I see on this board take my breath away. Maybe someday I'll be able to do something similar, but In the meantime, I'm happy to just be sewing and making someone happy with whatever I manage to turn out!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Randy View Post
slpalmer:
I did a dresden plate quilt and had it professionally quilted and was charged $138.00 and her quilting MADE the quilt! She stippled it around the Dresden Plates and put a rose in the center of each of the circles in the plate. The stippling with the rose in the center made the plates "jump out" of the quilt. It's gorgeous and well worth the cost of having it quilted. The long arm quilter asked me what kind of quilting I wanted done on it and I told her to do what SHE thought would look the best. She sure did!

Randy
That is one beautiful Dresden Plate! I mean, what's not to love? Dresdens done to perfection (& scrappy... even better!) & fabulous quilting! I love it!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry View Post
Beth, absolutely beautiful quilt!! I'm so glad that this thread was bumped, I hadn't had the pleasure of seeing your beauty before. Its just gorgeous!!!
Ditto! I'm always happy when a thread gets bumped & wow... I'm extra glad I got to see this beautiful quilt of yours! I love, love, love it! I can't wait to see more, more, more!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful! I love to incorporate embroidery on my quilts too.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by slpalmer View Post
Hi
My name is Shara and I really like the embroidered work on your quilt. I don't do embroidery yet but I plan to.
Lovely name, dear one! Our youngest daughter has been called Shara by many, though her real name is Isharah. Think about the sound being the same only with an I for the extra syllable. Glad to meet you!
Old 03-06-2017, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Randy View Post
slpalmer:
The long arm quilter asked me what kind of quilting I wanted done on it and I told her to do what SHE thought would look the best. She sure did!

Randy
You might be able to say "do your own thing" to some quilters, but be careful. I had an Attic Windows top quilted and let the lady start with the shams. Right away I saw that she really liked to move that long-arm around, so I suggested she do less quilting on the quilt top to keep the finished quilt from being so heavy. Well, it is good that I said that, because when I got the top back, there really was not quite enough quilting on, but she only charged me a little less than $500. It took me a while to recover from that one.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:20 AM
QM
Power Poster

Please do not be discouraged. You are overly critical of yourself. Your quilt is lovely, with a good choices of pattern and fabrics. I know I was not doing as well 2 years into quilting. After over 500 quilts and a pile of blue ribbons, I realize that I am rarely completely satisfied with a quilt, but I keep moving on. It is good that you have your friend, Becky, in your corner. You might check where you get your fabric to see if there is a guild in your area. Most guilds are very helpful and informative. You Tube has a large number of useful videos that you could check out at well. Have you found www.quilterscache.com for free patterns? Feel very free to come back here with any questions you have.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:37 AM

Looks like Becks is a great cheerleader. That's a beautiful quilt. A job well done!
Old 03-06-2017, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

your quilt is very pretty. machine emb is very pretty. ( iused to be a professional embroider, i did caskets) So don't put it down